1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

PS3 controller

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trankleizor, Jan 15, 2014.

1. trankleizor

trankleizor
    Expand Collapse

Hey! I was wondering if you can also configure a ps3 controller to the game as well, since i do not own an xbox 360, if not that would be awesome in an upcoming patch to add!! thanks

2. Stormdrain

Stormdrain
    Expand Collapse

3. raiderfan

raiderfan
    Expand Collapse

once you get the motion joy drivers I recommend getting better ds3 because the regular ds3 tool requires an internet connection to work while better ds3 doesn't.

4. Rand0mPsych0

Rand0mPsych0
    Expand Collapse

When you configure your controller, you'll have to select the Xbox 360 emulator in ds3, BeamNG is setup for Xbox controllers.

5. simon48

simon48
    Expand Collapse

Can't you just make an inputmap for it so you don't have to do the emulation?

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I was wandering the same thing

7. raiderfan

raiderfan
    Expand Collapse

OK it takes 30 seconds using this tool how long does it take to make an input map me like many people have no clue how to make one not to mention if he plays other games the ds3 tool is the better route.

8. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

Yes and No. The controller has no official driver support. The tool comes with the best (only?) unofficial drivers for the DS3, so might as well. Like stated above, I do recommend using Better DS3 instead as the regular DS3 Tool gets upset when it can't phone home to mother China and serve you sketchy ads. Also, that green is eye burning. :p
    You could make an inputmap, but that would require also custom mapping the buttons in the tool. Using the XBox xinput map is straight up easier in most cases.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice