Question involving vehicle creation.

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by DaxTheHusky, Jul 15, 2014.

1. DaxTheHusky

DaxTheHusky
    Expand Collapse

Hello, people. It's been quite a while since I've posted anything regarding BeamNG. And seeing as of late that models from games and such, (Which I have no issue with regarding the circumstances.) it led to a question that I have no idea the answer for, or where to look.

I purchased a 3D model of a vehicle several months back and have a question regarding the legal standpoint of converting it to BeamNG. Even if it's not uploaded for public use or distribution, I would like to know if this is allowed. I have the receipts and proof of purchase for the model itself and can supply that if required.

So, am I allowed to convert a 3D model that I have legally purchased for BeamNG, and if so, is it allowed to be uploaded even if the .DAE file itself is not distributed? (Much like what Naedox did recently with the Vapid Cruiser.)

Would love feedback or an answer! Thanks.

2. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

I believe the license for buying a model off a website like Turbosquid allows you to do anything you want with it, including commercial or non-commercial redistribution. There's probably a license somewhere on the site you bought it from telling you what you can do with it.

3. DaxTheHusky

DaxTheHusky
    Expand Collapse

I do have all of that and it is free for me to use for non-profit use. I'll have to re-read the model's terms of service to be entirely positive about it and I will do so once I get to the email with the information. I was more or less trying to determine if using this model was allowed via BeamNG ToS. I'd rather not fall under the "thief" category, but I really would like to have this vehicle in BeamNG as it comes with a civilian, police, and taxi version.

4. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

You can post it here unless a valid takedown notice is filed by the original copyright holder. We also reserve the right to remove any post at any time for any reason.

5. DaxTheHusky

DaxTheHusky
    Expand Collapse

Fair enough. Thank you! I will continue working on it and show my progress in the Showroom as a WIP. Maybe this time I'll actually finish something. Hah. Thanks for your quick replies, Gabe.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice