[Question] Legal music on youtube.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by pf12351, Jun 25, 2014.

1. pf12351

pf12351
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, I have made a short crash compilation, and I want to add Overwerk - Daybreak, to it. How do people like JaimsWallace, Nadeox and DrowsySam do it? I don't want to use the "free" trash that comes with Adobe Premiere Elements. Who do I email? Help please, as soon as possible.

Thanks.

2. Ckykyro

Ckykyro
    Expand Collapse

Well you can buy it
    (or download to mp3 and credit, people wont question)

3. pf12351

pf12351
    Expand Collapse

I have got the song on itunes, forgot to say that.

4. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

just smash it into your vidya editor like bam bam bam and fackin render it and boom bam got you a video with music, a musical video
    aids.png

5. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

Depends, is the video monetised? If not, then it doesn't really matter.

If it's monetised and you're earning money off the video, you'll need to use royalty free music.

I used to use Gabester's music, cause he let me. I guess you could ask him.
    https://soundcloud.com/gabester

Just search Royalty Free music anywhere, it'll come up with results.

6. pf12351

pf12351
    Expand Collapse

I am tempted to bump your thread, but then all the hate will flood in. As far as I know, gabester doesn't read PM's.

7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Kevin MacLeod has a huge catalogue of royalty free music. Only requirement is for you to leave a bit of text in video description

Anything else, even if you have the song on iTunes that is not permission for you to reuse it. I have seen some little copyright claim left in descriptions which people then seem to get away with but technically without permission of the author you can't use it. Tonnes get away with it on YouTube though.

I'd personally start the search with MacLeod's collection. He has a lot of stuff, got to be something suitable.

8. Insanegaz

Insanegaz
    Expand Collapse

Music on YouTube is changing so any commercial music used will be getting flagged if you monetize or not "YouTube will be launching a premium music subscription service later this year"

You can use CC music but it's not always easy to find and you need to get permissions from the creators and they rarely reply back to you.

Free and paid music from places like

Machinimasound.com - Free and paid and music can be edited.
    M
    usicloops - Paid music can only be used in conjunction with other audio.
    Audionautix - Free and music can be edited
    ActivityMusic - Free but some tracks my incur a copyright notice unclear if it's allowed to be edited.
    Monstercat
    - Free but you need to apply but I don't think they are taking anyone else on.
    Soundcloud

And it's only going to get harder to find.

9. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

I use this youtube channel called RoyalTrax. They have some pretty nice royalty free dubstep/electro - https://www.youtube.com/user/RoyalTrax
    There's also another channel called TeknoAXE, but to me the music is a little boring. You could check it out anyways though - https://www.youtube.com/user/teknoaxe

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not monetized but I use a few Monstercat songs from an album I got.... I credit everything though. So is that bad?

Also with soundcloud, if it's a free download does that necessarily mean that it's royalty free? Cuz I use a ton of random dubstep and stuff from soundcloud

#9 Nickorator, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  10. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

No need to ask me (and yes, I do read PMs) :) You can use my music if you want; just credit me and link to my Soundcloud in the video description: http://soundcloud.com/gabester

11. Insanegaz

Insanegaz
    Expand Collapse

As long as you don't monetize I don't think you will have any problems but they might claim your video and make money from your video.

12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Actually to reuse creative commons stuff you need no permissions of the author, just need to attribute it correctly.
    So for "track A" by "artist" licensed under CC BY 3.0:
    Stick that in the description and you are good to go. Of course swap CC BY 3.0 for the exact version of the license used and adjust link accordingly. Also note that there is a version of the creative commons license which prevents use in commercial applications (so monetized videos are out) which will usually have NC in the name.

Kevin macleod himself gives this:

- - - Updated - - -

Lets say we are doing everything 100% by the book, you cannot use it. When something is free for you to obtain, it does not necessarily mean you can reuse it. I'm sure most artists probably wouldnt care if you actually credited them properly though.

13. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

Yeah that's what I was thinking. With Soundcloud stuff I use, I usually just say the artist and the song, and then copy and paste the link. So I guess I should be fine lol. I do want to monetize in the future though... Would that mean I'd have to take all my old videos down?

14. DevKryton

DevKryton
    Expand Collapse

For the Overwerk case, I asked him personally if I could use his for commercial purposes and he sad yes. But of course that doesn't count for you so you will need to ask his label as he got bigger by now.

I get 50% of my music from NoCopyrightsounds, wich is actually the only real channel that really gives you permission for commercial purposes. Pretty much all those other Royality Free music crap channels are fake!
    (Also just so you know, there is no such thing as Copyrightfree, NCS just gives you the full acess to their music aslong as you Credit them!)

Also Monstercat is a good source for non-commercial music, you can use ALL their music in your videos without asking them aslong as you credit everyone. But then the videos get claimed by them and they make profit.

Audiojungle is also a good source if you are making Videos that really bring in profit, there are thousands and thousands of epic stuff there for commercial purposes from about 1$-20$ per license.
    (This is really something for you Insanegaz, your Videos bring in by far enough money to buy those licenses for really nothing, most of them cost like 7$. And Audiojungle has really so much unbelivably great music to use.
    Trust me, your Videos will be much much much better with Music from Audiojungle :) )

15. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

He does. I remember I asked him about his soundcloud over a year ago and haven't made any videos.
    I remember a place called live.freeplaymusic. I don't remember if it is royalty free.

16. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Best thing to do if you want to monetise is ask. That is assuming we are working on the 100% by the book principal though (and it seems youtube do want to crack down on those who arent going by the book)

17. pf12351

pf12351
    Expand Collapse

Thank you very much Gabester!

18. Insanegaz

Insanegaz
    Expand Collapse

I have an account for AudioJungle but not used it in a while I should check it out again thanks :)

19. Matthew

Matthew
    Expand Collapse

(so that's where that music came from)

(gabe can you get more awesome)

20. SkritCraft

SkritCraft
    Expand Collapse

I get all my Music from Nocopyrightsounds and Monstercat :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice