Race me AI

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Shmeerlubs, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Shmeerlubs

Shmeerlubs
    Expand Collapse

Hey, i am not familiar with making mods myself but i thought about a possibility to include an AI mode for head on head races. I wanted to hear the opinion of a competent modder to that thematic. So thought if it would be possible to use the flee and chase mode combined. When the racing car is behind the player it tries to chase him and when it gets him and the player falls back behind the AI car it tries to flee from him and leads the race until the player reaches it and gets the forehand. Then it swiches back to chase. That would require that the AI of beamng has in some way the ability to recocnize if the player is driving in its direction or away from it and in witch direction the road goes. Is this technically possible?
    Also is there any way to implement a system for defining the racing track in a map with many possible ways for the AI to go while in flee mode?

I really need that AI mode XD so maybe someone can help me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BlackMetal

BlackMetal
    Expand Collapse

I believe race AI is a pretty obvious step forward as traffic already can see the player so that would be rather combining pre-recorded run with player visibility like in other titles. I really hope it's coming soon as everything else is ready for it

3. Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus
    Expand Collapse

I don't think combining those two AI modes is a good idea. In both modes, the ai will shove you away if you get too close to them.

4. umustbeloggedintododat

umustbeloggedintododat
    Expand Collapse

That would be cool! I was thinking of this!

5. Shmeerlubs

Shmeerlubs
    Expand Collapse

well at least for banger races that would be appropriate xd

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice