Ragdoll physics

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Kitteh5, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

2. chainsaw

chainsaw
    Expand Collapse

This is quite a bad example of ragdoll physics because there aren't any limits in the joints in that game, however Garry'sMod would make a pretty good example.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RmZXFCyYFo

I really like the idea of adding ragdolls. I like the idea of crashing your car andThis could also be integrated into some sort of minigame. Perhaps called windshield shooters or something along those lines. In which we have to add objects and change stats; then crash the car and send the ragdoll out of the window as far as we can.

3. tuningfreak1

tuningfreak1
    Expand Collapse

like in flatout

4. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

I love the ragdoll idea. It would be nice to actually have a driver and character (rather than RoRBot who disappears when he enters a car...), especially if there were realistic ragdoll physics. That could make the game more like a sandbox title, like GTA without the violence. Also, if ragdoll physics were implemented, this game could actually have scientific purpose. Car designers could test safety in various scenarios through BeamNG (moreso the things that couldn't be done easily or cheap, like seeing how a truck deforms when it hits a wall at 200mph.). BeamNG could become more than just a game. It could become the next-gen safety tester.

5. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I just would like to see how the car and driver behave an accident.

- - - Updated - - -

#5 Kitteh5, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2012
  6. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

... weellll, what was that?

7. Mad-Alex

Mad-Alex
    Expand Collapse

I think all charecters can be simulated only with N/B skeleton in the BeamNG's project, otherwise how they will interact with vehicles interior parts.

- - - Updated - - -

There are already two or even three safety test programs, such as LS-Dyna, MechLabs, which can provide more accurate car body deformation then BeamNG's engine, because it's using very complex 350000+ node skeleton for vehicles, and it's 100% accurate.

#7 Mad-Alex, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  8. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

"WOOOT I'm getting 0.0003 fps!"

I am going to assume that it renders it later like blender.

9. TU250X

TU250X
    Expand Collapse

Kind of like GTA IV

- - - Updated - - -

Kind of like GTA IV

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice