Rally parts 'fix' and tweaks.

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by Hati, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

This is more feedback than an actual fix, but the mudflaps and skidplate have bugged me by not having any jbeam to back them up. So what I did, using as few nodes and beams as I could, was decide to try and fix the issues myself and upload the files here

1. covet rally parts

what's changed? Physically made up the structure of the skidplate. I haven't quite managed to tune it perfectly but it's now serving a purpose other than holding on the bumper. (namely it stops things getting into the engine bay as easily when I run them over) I've also allowed the mudflaps to bend and come off rather than clip though the ground ever so rigidly

View attachment hatch_rallyparts.jbeam

It's not perfect, the mudflaps like to get turned around here and there. but it's pretty close.

2. sunburst rally config

As per above, although I couldn't be bothered moving onto the front mudflaps because of how small they are. I also decided it would be a good idea to jbeam the rear diffuser bumper properly, to somewhat represent the rear diffuser. It now means that the diffuser isn't made of rubber.

View attachment sunburst_bumper_R.jbeam
    View attachment sunburst_rallyparts.jbeam

Installation: Just stick it in documents/beamng/vehicles/hatch for the covet, and documents/beamng/vehicles/sunburst for the sunburst. Tell me what you think. But this is actualy just feedback for the devs more than anything.

Oh, and caps

itbends.png

2. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Good stuff, I was a little annoyed that the skidplate doesn't actually do anything. After all, rally cars do get some serious air in races, and right now the Covet can't land a big jump without smashing the engine and breaking the halfshafts.

3. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

Probably should save this for gabe, but the rally light turning on should also be a thing

4. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

I might try to do that myself tomorrow.

5. cars510

cars510
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Nice! a functioning skid plate and some mudflaps to top it off with an authentic rally look. this mod is great!

6. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

glad you guys approve

7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Neat.

If you wonder why I didn't Jbeam those:

I actually did, but the influence on the whole car was very minimal. So instead of adding more stuff and crippling the performance even more for low-end pc, I went for the simple solution. The skidplate actually reinforces the front.
    Those parts may be actually Jbeamed for the next update if you wish :)

8. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

aye, that would be pretty cool. :p

9. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Save on performance and don't bother with the mudflaps, they hardly move so it's not worth it. On the other hand, the skidplate needs to be jbeamed. With it installed it's now possible to land large jumps without breaking the Covet's half shafts, and now the Sunburst can go over a hill without losing the front bumper.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice