[RANT] Is this the time now?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by BannedByAndroid, Oct 29, 2018.

1. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

Since the events happened on Porsche and Toyota, we all know that car companies are still, companies. They will always have the rights to decide which cars they should put in a game or not. Game devs, and also, players, have no choice but to accept it.
    So...it's time.
    Game devs should try to make decent original cars, rather than using real-life cars. Players should also try to accept original content rather than just defending licensed cars. Yeah, it sounds a bit harsh, but look at BeamNG, Burnout and Wreckfest. They don't even have one real-life car, but they are really great games. Yeah, it's great to have a 911 GT3 or a Supra in your racing game, but since business is still business, we couldn't think of much more. Using a workaround (like RUF as a Porsche substitute) does work but there's still a risk.
    And no, I'm not against the use of real cars on games, but those game devs should actually really do what they can actually do.

#1 BannedByAndroid, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

I'm cool with either as long as the game is good.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

And as long as the cars are good. The BeamNG cars are great in terms of art, but they are lacking in story. I want to know more about the stories behind the cars I'm driving. Development history, technical details, etc. can really tie a car game's universe together, and that's something Beam needs.

Yeah, fuck Forza.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

Well just fuck gen 3 EA. "Players choice". I miss gen 2 EA "Challenge everything".

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

"Players Choice"? More like "Give us all your money, we have the worst PC content ever".

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

What events has happened now?

Real world brands are not much important to me, good sounds are a must though :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

Just to add some more to this list, the Grand theft auto series, Saints row (possibly the original Spintires, not sure), SLRR, Max Payne and Watch_Dogs.

But on the other side, Forza and other's are sim racing games so it would make sense for them to have real cars.

#7 Spede3, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

I have agreed with practically everything said on this thread, however, forza is a “sim”ish game. Devs of assetto corsa/forza/GT can draw in buyers who just want to drive around a Lamborghini.

For Assetto corsa? Original racing cars may work, and street cars too, but, ultimately, sim games are for simulation. People want to replicate certain experiences virtually, and devs need to cater to at least one niche.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. TommyAssassin

TommyAssassin
    Expand Collapse

I really like fictional cars in video games. It adds some originality. And in some of those games you can crash the cars to pieces (which can't be done with licensed cars).

10. urbanestdog45

urbanestdog45
    Expand Collapse

You mean Toyota and Mitsubishi?

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice