Outdated Real-Time Vehicle Editor - See new thread for Alpha 11 and above

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by GregBlast, Oct 18, 2013.

?

How much interested in this would you be ?

1. Not interested

19 vote(s)
    1.9%
  2. Could be useful but not to me

49 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Would eventually use it

74 vote(s)
    7.2%
  4. Would probably use it

189 vote(s)
    18.5%
  5. I definitely need something like this

693 vote(s)
    67.7%
  1. Zeuskillerdog2

Zeuskillerdog2
    Expand Collapse

Re: Real-Time Vehicle Editor - Alpha 0.0.0.1

cant change the game directory mines this C:\Users\Zeuskillerdog2\AppData\Local\BeamNG\BeamNG.drive-0.3\vehicles and you have it set to C:\Users\Zeuskillerdog2\AppData\Local\BeamNG\BeamNG.drive\ and if i change where mine says -0.3 still doesn't make a difference

2. GregBlast

GregBlast
    Expand Collapse

You shouldn't select the vehicles folder but the BeamNG.Drive-0.3 folder. I still use the same personally and it works for me.

If this doesn't help please open C:\Users\[your-user-name]\AppData\Local\DriveBeamEditor\config.dat with notepad and manually set the path to the folder containing the game executable for the variable named gamePath. It should read something like this (in my case):
    Code:
    gamePath;C:\Users\GregBlast\AppData\Local\BeamNG\BeamNG.drive-0.3\
    If you still can't get it to work then maybe you have some access problem.

3. Incognito

Incognito
    Expand Collapse

GregBlast, thanks for the tool.
    Btw, make a automatic detection of the game folder :)
    Code:
    public string GetGameFolder()
    {	
    	try
    	{
    		RegistryKey rkSubKey = Registry.Users.OpenSubKey( @"S-1-5-21-1248167630-1352989110-750118461-1000\Software\BeamNG", false );
    		return rkSubKey.GetValue( "" ).ToString() + @"\";
    	}
    	catch
    	{
    		return "";
    	}
    }

4. GregBlast

GregBlast
    Expand Collapse

Update 0.0.0.2

- fixed app not loading vehicles when one had 'name.cs' is missing
    - glowMap function values were always reset to '0.3'

(see first post for download)

- - - Updated - - -

My reg path is already different than yours so it doesn't fit ;). Mine is under S-1-5-21-2057613108-508467732-3056465044-1000).

#64 GregBlast, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  5. Incognito

Incognito
    Expand Collapse

You can get it here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
    Or use a HKEY_CURRENT_USER .

6. Driverone

Driverone
    Expand Collapse

Thank you
    this tool is awesome

7. GregBlast

GregBlast
    Expand Collapse

Ok thanks I'll use it for the next release.

8. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

What kind of machine are you using Greg? Why is the path so different?

9. GregBlast

GregBlast
    Expand Collapse

Re: Real-Time Vehicle Editor - Alpha 0.0.0.2

I think you're talking about the registry path ? This has nothing to do with the game path. But that's a place where the game path is stored (in the Windows registry, type 'regedit' in the search box frmo the start menu). My game path is C:\Users\GregBlast\AppData\Local\BeamNG\BeamNG.drive-0.3\. Shouldn't be so much different than yours. I was just saying to Incognito that the game path is not stored at the same place in the reigistry for everybody. It depends on the Windows user profile.

And by the way on the computer I'm currently using it's not even stored for any user in the registry. This must be because my user profile is synced on a remote server. I have it with the uninstall keys though: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BeamNG.drive\InstallLocation. Will probably use that then.

- - - Updated - - -

Update 0.0.0.3

- now searching for game path in Windows registry if default one does not exist
    - when a vehicle has an error it is now available but a message box shows every error that was found (still needs completion though because not everything is tested yet)

ErrorManager.png

PS: sorry Gabester there was still another typo in the Moonhawk :D

#69 GregBlast, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  10. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Re: Real-Time Vehicle Editor - Alpha 0.0.0.3

I will wait for a Beta Release I know how buggy Alpha releases are but great work so far :D

11. GregBlast

GregBlast
    Expand Collapse

Well I didn't get so many error reports so far. And nothing about problematic things. I have tested it quite well already so I think it's pretty stable. Opening and saving works without problem with original vehicles. If you fear to lose data then just copy them elsewhere. You can even do that with the tool without problem. Open an existing vehicle and immediately save it under a different name like 'super_test'. Then open 'super_test' and work on that instance. The original one will remain untouched.

Btw if I don't get any error reports I will simply go beta. If nobody tests it I can never be sure it's good enough. So I'll just assume it is.

12. Trumple

Trumple
    Expand Collapse

Nice work :) I didn't really have much time to continue development work on my version I released here a few months back, so I'm glad someone took the idea and made a better job of it than I could have :)

13. GregBlast

GregBlast
    Expand Collapse

Well thanks for your lib anyways. Couldn't have done anything at all without it.

14. GregBlast

GregBlast
    Expand Collapse

New video

EDIT:
    I will reupload because I noticed I made a huge mistake in the soundtrack credits.

Here's the first video of the series I will make for the editor. This is a global overview of the tool. Lets you see most of what you can do. WOuld have taken too long to have detailed each tab though.

News

I am currently working on a part configurator that will allow creating and modifying whole vehicle configurations. That will let you easily create different versions of your vehicles by mapping parts to slots.

#74 GregBlast, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  15. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

That video was filled with so much epic... I have never seen any game editor on the level of awesome your at right now!!! Keep it up it looking great!!!

16. GregBlast

GregBlast
    Expand Collapse

News

Data management

Found out that I was not taking into account "per element properties" in vehicle part section. This means that if you set a property like for example "beamType" on the beam itself ( ["ar1", "ar12", {"beamType":"|BOUNDED"}] ) it will not be taken into account and will keep the latest stored value. This makes problems in the sport version of the pickup for example which has a "precompression" value set to one wheel beam independantly.

I'm currently refactoring my backend code to take those possible properties into account together with grouping properties. And I will use that way for every section that works the same way.

Part configurator

Next release will have a working vehicle part configurator similar to the one you have in-game (well not really similar as it uses basic winforms controls for now) with the exception that you can see and rename / add / delete configurations from a grid. This one also allows you to create "readable" configurations if you hit "Yes" on the message that pops when saving. You can than easily check your configuration from a notepad if ever needed.

#76 GregBlast, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  17. FZulley

FZulley
    Expand Collapse

Might it be, that it does not recognize all cars? Just tryied the Ford F-250 released by ky13harbor9 shortly, and wanted to look into the files with your great tool. But it does not list this vehicle?

18. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I am gonna wait till the Beta Release of this game I know how crash prone Alpha releases are so I am gonna wait till the big bugs are sorted out and its a stable release

19. GregBlast

GregBlast
    Expand Collapse

I'll try it to see what I get. Did you not get any warning message saying something was wrong ?

20. thevidmaster

thevidmaster
    Expand Collapse

this is for the creator of this mod and anyone who has used it. its coming up as a SONAR heuristic.112 which is summary is a trojan. is it a trojan or is norton just being bipolar?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice