Realism Settings

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by The Crimson Kellashee, Sep 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. The Crimson Kellashee

The Crimson Kellashee
    Expand Collapse

Some realism settings would be nice.

Perhaps toggles to disable over-rev damage, tires bursting, overheating, etc.

Or maybe an Arcade Mode that disables a lot of that stuff so you can have a bit more fun without being restrained by as much realism.

...I know a big point of BeamNG Drive is its brutal realism, and I do enjoy it, but another big part of it is some of the stupid things I could do in it.

It's quite fun adjusting a car's gear ratios stupidly low, flinging them down a mountain of sand at 300 MPH, jamming them into first gear, and getting the engines to 100,000+ RPM. The whole over-rev damage thing kind of killed that.

It also gets irritating when all my tires vaporize because the map creator misaligned two pieces of road by one pixel. A setting to disable that would be nice.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

This game is suppose to be realistic....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

yeaaa you can turn most of the realism settings off you just got to use your eyes and brain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

I get from where you are coming at, but why do you ask for beamng to be less realistic if you know its about realism?

Agree with the thing about misplaced pixels in the map, but that's kinda the modders fault.

5. The Crimson Kellashee

The Crimson Kellashee
    Expand Collapse

I enjoy driving realistically, and that is indeed what I do most of the time, but sometimes I like doing really stupid, impossible things in BeamNG. One of my favorite past times was the engine-speed contest, which was brutally murdered by the over-rev damage mechanic. A lot of the older cars don't have rev limiters, either, so it gets to a point where that same over-rev damage starts to become an annoyance when I just want to let loose and do some donuts in a Barstow.

6. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Use the small block with locked differential and taller tires.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice