Experimental Realistic Gearboxes and Speed Limiter for MAN

Discussion in 'Land' started by mikeyjbartlett 2, Oct 15, 2021.

1. mikeyjbartlett 2

mikeyjbartlett 2
    Expand Collapse

My first ever mod.

Realistic gearbox profiles and realistic speed limiter for the MAN truck by MrCrash

These gearbox programs try and replicate the real MAN gearbox programs.

I've also changed the behavior of the gearbox to act more like a manual/automatic gearbox, adding delays to the gear changes and changing the torque converter to prevent slip.

The gearbox program information can be seen below. These give an indication of the characteristics of the gearbox. I drive these vehicles on a daily basis so I've tried to replicate it as best as I can.

FLEET gearshift program restricts manual interferences with the automated gearshift strategy, thereby ensuring optimal gear changes in every driving situation. Quick downshifting using the kickdown function is also inhibited, encouraging a driving style that reduces consumption and preserves the drivetrain.

PROFI gearshift program allows for manual gearshifts to be carried out at any time, as for example quicker downshifting in kickdown. This allows experienced drivers to make the most of the vehicle’s efficiency potential.

DP (Drive Performance) gearshift program enables a more agile driving style on the road and can be activated if higher acceleration rates are required for a short period. This performance-oriented gearshift version allows for quicker gear changes and later shifting, thereby improving acceleration.

DM, RM gearshift program is intended for precise manoeuvring at slow speeds, partly by slipping the clutch. Gear selection is limited to the first two gears, with the mode designed for short term use only.

EMERGENCY gearshift program cuts down gearshift times to improve acceleration. It has been optimised for use by emergency services, such as the fire brigade or disaster relief teams, when responding to emergency situations.

A speed limiter has also been added to the mod to give it a more realistic European feel. The speeds are limited to 56mph/90kmh and 62mph/100kmh. All European trucks are limited to 90kmh (56mph) and I've added the 100kmh (62mph) for the emergency vehicles.

Any problems drop me a comment and I will try and fix it as soon as I can.

This mod is OUTDATED the same as the MAN found on the forums until the new update release which will already incorporate this gearbox mod.

Shout out to MrCrash for the resource and AlexTheGamer for the help with the JBEAM.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. zach444

zach444
    Expand Collapse

Nice!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice