WIP Realistic Highway System

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by Twitch Axis, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

Haha yes birds are TASTY. Yeah I try to restrain from making things with very small components in them.

2. Kcool_Turbo

Kcool_Turbo
    Expand Collapse

Cool to see this one on its way :)

3. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys. I have decided to cancel this map. I know you guys are probably a little bit upset that I couldn't pull this off. In my defense, it is really hard to make a level mod right when the 0.11 version is coming out. With the new type of files containing the information needed to launch the map, it has really screwed with my map. I have the old file type containing my previous work and then as I save it, it now saves as the new type of files (item.blah). It is a really dumb way of storing the information, and the previous was was much easier to understand if you are a beginner. Now it is much more difficult. I think the only files that stayed the same is the materials.cs. I am not going to start over with this new thing, I have just tried so hard on this and everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I fought through it, and I was to a point where I felt confident and happy with my work for once. I had made my own shapes with working collision, I even found a way to make it possible to have collision in sketchup. I had something good going, but then this. It is something that may change the future of me making mods. I am also really busy, with everything. I have lots of other stuff going on, and I have limited time to work on these mods. I will still hopefully make some mods here and there, but I don't see myself ever making something really great, I am just another average modder. I suppose I should stick to helping in the forum and playing the game. Maybe modding isn't for everyone. I'm really sorry guys, I tried really hard. If this whole update wouldn't have changed the file format, I would definitely continue with this. I was hoping to have it published by Christmas. I had almost half the map done as well. For all of you who wanted a highway, I hope Matrix and WCU can do the trick for you.
    -AIM

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

Maybe you should contact the devs about this, an update shouldn't cause someone to have to cancel what would be a super amazing map

5. Giraffinator

Giraffinator
    Expand Collapse

Aw, but with the new file format, can't you just remove the old files, and add the new ones? That's what I did when I replaced the .ter files with .json files with Rainbow Crossing.

6. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

I probably will. I don't know if there is much that they can do, but I will definitely contact them about this. I don't want to cancel it but I do think that cancelling it will be what happens.

I don't think so but i suppose i could give it a go.

7. 1UZ-FE

1UZ-FE
    Expand Collapse

If you do decide to give up, are you open to possibly handing the project over to someone reputable of making maps? This was literally the map I was looking most forward to, I'm sure I'm not the only one. So much to offer for the 1st generation of actual highways and traffic systems.

8. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

Hey. I really don't know. Nothing is functional right now. The base of the project is gone thanks to 0.11 and the new file formats. Combining them didn't work, and now all my work seems gone. I am thinking I am going to end this thread and call it a day with this. I am sad to see it go, and I was hoping for better for you guys. I am truly sorry and I want you to believe me when I say that I did have intentions of actually releasing this map soon. Thanks for your support everybody. Maybe I will start again some time.

• Informative Informative x 5
  9. Username

Username
    Expand Collapse

Just upload what you have right now and someone might be able to fix it. It's happened before. (Would that be considered open sourcing your map?)

10. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't even be able to do that. Everything is gone. All the progress is gone, nothing is even in the folders anymore since I tried to fix it. I'm sorry. Like I said, Maybe I will try to make it again some day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice