1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Red car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tobytobytoby, Mar 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobytobytoby

tobytobytoby
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Is there a mod that adds red cars? Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Jakux

Jakux
    Expand Collapse

You know that all cars are paintable?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

The sad part is that in three pages, no one has actually tried to help you :(

Once in game with a car that you want to change the color of, follow these steps:
    1. Press Ctrl+W
    2. Click the "Color" tab
    3. The first color selector is usually the body color, either adjust manually or click one of the presets.
    Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bmwcrazy456

bmwcrazy456
    Expand Collapse

On the off chance that the author has a legitimate issue, here's how you can paint your cars.

Actually, I had some trouble when I first got BeamNG with painting cars because, at the time, my PC was really slow, and I was under the impression that the thumbnail would change upon color change.

The first thing to do is to open the car menu. I'm going with an Ibishu Miramar.
    red.png
    First, pick the color you want, this time, it'll be red. Click the color you want. If the orb changes to the desired color, congrats! You're good to go! Spawn the car in, and just like that... red Miramar!
    screenshot_2021-03-28_15-21-47.png

However, I think your issue is with cars with preset colors saved in their config files. You don't need to know how, but that it happens is enough. This is usually with mods.
    Let's take the Satsuma 210 (which does not really have this issue, but it's a good example.) I clicked red...
    nored.png
    But this is how the car spawned : (
    screenshot_2021-03-28_15-27-42.png
    That's not red, at least, not last I checked. Never fear, BeamNG is here for just this.
    Here's how you can use the dynamic color manager:
    1. Press escape, and open the highlighted menu (it's the one that looks like a gear)
    menu1.png
    2. Then, ignore the massive list of parts. This is a BeamNG feature we don't need for this problem.
    Instead, click on color - and this is what you'll see.
    menu2.png
    Now, there are three color selectors here. On the Satsuma 210, the first controls the main body color, the second controls an accent color (which the example vehicle does not have), and the third controls the seat accents. Now, by clicking the desired color, we get a red car!
    car.png
    But there are some other scenarios to worry about, too.
    1. Multi-color skins
    I quite like this Gavril D-series, but I think I'd like it better in rose pink, so I clicked it in that color.
    green.png
    Let's spawn it in- well, darn.
    nogreen.png
    Now, I like the rose pink on our truck, but the green-gray is not that good of an accent. So, let's reopen the color selector... and now we can click the same color we originally clicked
    pink.png
    Or, thanks to the low-lag dynamic color selector, we can make some snazzy color combos!
    screenshot_2021-03-28_15-39-46.png

Now, some cars with custom paint designs, such as police & race cars, cannot be changed, and trying to can sometimes erase those colors. But other cars, like the Cherrier FCV, actually let you change custom interior lights with the same color selector.

I really hope that if you were legitimately having an issue, this solution helps. The unkindness in the replies is unpleasant, especially seeing as I had this same problem when I started playing.

• Like Like x 10
  5. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

upload_2022-6-24_11-29-12.png

The humorous irony of this is not lost on me...:D

Anyway, as long as I'm here, I may as well take a very brief look into how changing the colour of a car works in the recently-revived Garage mode.

BeamNGPaintingInGarageMode-1.png
    Begin by selecting the 'Paint' button, second from left on the top.

BeamNGPaintingInGarageMode-2.png
    This will open up the colour selection menu, similar to what can already be found in the parts menu. Click anywhere in the dynamic colour selctor to choose a hue & saturation. Note that if you started with a very light or very dark colour of paint on the car (as I did with the white Vivace), you will likely have to adjust the 'Brightness' slider before the results become visible.

BeamNGPaintingInGarageMode-3.png
    Alternatively, scroll down in the colour selection menu and click on one of the preset colours. Remember that, as in the regular parts selector, custom paint colours that you create in the dynamic colour selector can be saved under 'User' by clicking on the button at the bottom of the menu.

BeamNGPaintingInGarageMode-4.png
    For multi-tone paint schemes (the game tends to refer to these as 'Colourable' in the parts selector), you can toggle between controlling different areas by using the three buttons at the top of the colour selector menu marked 'Paint 1', 'Paint 2', and 'Paint 3'. These buttons are kept stationary when scrolling, so they remain visible even when the menu is scrolled down to the bottom, as seen here.

6. Da Doc

Da Doc
    Expand Collapse

Nope he doesn't have a legitimate issue
    I know this guy IRL this is a troll
    For added context this person does not own the game, let alone play it. He just made a troll post to make FRSBR4 mad to get all the cheap lolz. According to FRSBR4 Toby's played beamng about 4 times. I am profusely sorry in advance if Toby gets mad over this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice