Remove out of sight objects, cars etc, from simulation

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by kamaradski, Aug 11, 2013.

1. kamaradski

kamaradski
    Expand Collapse

By unloading all out of sight items we might be able to get some better FPS.

Currently if i spawn 3 cars on the other end of the map, my FPS is already halved. While these cars are so far away i would never even see them...

2. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

yep, not implemented yet. On our list though :)

3. kamaradski

kamaradski
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for quick reply & confirmation :)

I also have the habit to spawn i new car after i crashed. The old one i kinda abandon and leave behind as scenery\obstacle. Maybe this can also (complete or partially) be taken out of the simulation somehow and gain a few FPS ?

Example: press a abandon car button, and the vehicle turns into a static mesh (or atleast disable the movement simulation) And when another player controlled car is getting close (or on collision course) to turn back on the jbeam simulation to have the crash impact. when player controlled vehicle is moving away from the abandoned car, simulation can be again disabled ? Something like that.

4. Coovargo

Coovargo
    Expand Collapse

Currently its not implemented and I look forward to it. I like to run the tracks at Industrial site, and I delete the entire shipyard, bringing me from 35 to 80 fps. Just have to make sure not to erase the forest. I do this in other levels as well, its not like they're not going to come back when I reload the level.

5. C7studios

C7studios
    Expand Collapse

I'd also add that it would be useful to have a user configurable rendering distance. It seems that some levels have a longer rendering distance then others, and it adversely affects performance on lower end computers. I'd rather be able to see a shorter distance and have things run at a smoother framerate, since the focus is really on the car and immediate surroundings for me.

It seems like most levels have a draw distance of around 2000. But on the dry rock island level it is 12000 instead. With the large amount of objects, the draw calls skyrocket and I get about 20fps on that level. Setting it back down to 2000~ returns it to a nice 50-60 fps. It might actually be a bug in that case, since it's quite out of line with the other levels.

#5 C7studios, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice