Renaming "Mods of Mods" to "Other Mods"

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by EruptionTyphlosion, Feb 8, 2018.

?

Should the section be renamed?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Have both "Mods of Mods" and "Other Mods"

4. Other (State in Thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

As of now the Mods of Mods section of the repository is a hub for various mods that don't fit into the other categories. Mods of Mods as a title implies that the mods are modifications of other mods, when most aren't. In my opinion, the name should be switched to something like "Other Mods" for user convenience.

2. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I'd say, Configured Add-Ons, personally. It's really because of the AR162B mods listed there that gave me that idea.

3. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

What about mods that don't fit into existing categories?

4. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

I think ''More mods''

5. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Maybe "Configurations" or "Customization"? It seems the most likely, although I'm not sure of the few mods that seem more of an add-on, than a configuration.
    (Unless you can debate me up.)

6. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

https://www.beamng.com/resources/categories/configurations.14/
    Configurations already exists.

7. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

8. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

It's called Mods of Mods because the mods published there are modifications to mods that already exist, hence the name.

9. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Honestly any other name would be appreciated, so few of them are actual "modifications of existing mods" that it is a meaningless label at this point

10. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

This is not the case, you can see many many stand alone mods in this category. Most of them are engine swaps, addons and so on. Just like op said. The name is not fitting or descriptive of the contents.

11. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think that those actually are mods of mods, you make a mod that adds to mod (even being official mod, that is to say, vehicle) then it is mod of the mod.

But certainly some different name might be better as it might not be so clear currently.

12. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

An ideal choice would be creating an "Other mods" section and move all mods from "Mods of Mods" that aren't really mods of other mods there. However, this would be hard to accomplish, so renaming "Mods of Mods" to other mods is the best realistic option.

13. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

Why not just create another category entirely? Mods of Mods is fine for, well, mods of mods. An other category would be better but at the same time also keeping the Mods of Mods category a is and just moving every that isn't a mod of a mod.

14. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

And who's gonna do all that? There are 546 mods to look through and sort manually.

15. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

I think there needs to be a "mods of stock vehicles" and "mods of mods". Because many who make mods of stock vehicles put it in "mods of mods" and like an engine mod, does that deserve to be in the vehicles category.

16. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

I think 'Mods of Mods' means mods that are add-ons to mods but many people make add-ons of official stuff so I think it should be renamed to something like 'Add-ons.' I really don't think the name 'Mods of Mods' makes much sense.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice