Rendering in Blender?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by wrinkle345, Jan 13, 2016.

1. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

'ello peoples, I've been trying for hours and hours and hours to figure this out myself but have yet to succeed, so I have to ask.

How do I get vehicles to render properly in blender?

I've been trying with the Moonhawk (because it's my favorite). Now, I can get the model into blender, I can get the correct wheels and the parts correct, but the materials... dear god the materials... It's bad enough that it took me over 2 hours just to get the glass to be transparent instead of it completely not showing anything on the other side of the glass (i had to parent the glass to the body mesh to fix it). And the fact that, even now I can't merge any parts of the vehicle into one object without completely destroying the UV's of the meshes.

I understand the basics of the materials available, the color map, the diffuse, the specular... etc. But what I don't understand is how to "assign" the materials in blender so that they look proper. By that I mean, how do I get the color map to show while getting the diffuse to show? And how do I get chrome to work properly???

Setting the "moonhawk_d" to have a diffuse "Influence" of 1.000 on Color and Alpha gets the "Moonhawk" badging on the rear to show up, but now the whole car is black, and the "moonhawk_c" texture is overwritten, but if I don't set it as that, the whole car is white, and the rear badging is gone. And no matter what, the "moonhawk_chrome" texture will not be displayed unless it's "Influence" is set to 1.00 on "Emit" in the "Shading" category. No matter what, trying to change the color of the material changes the color of everything including the chrome unless the "moonhawk_d" is set, but with it like that, the car still remains completely black. The only material that seems to make sense is the "moonhawk_s" which (I assume) goes in the "Specular" category, getting a value of 1.000 in "Color", but now i'm doubting that that is even correct anymore.

If anyone can give me any insight on how or where to set these, it would be much appreciated. If more information is needed I'll happily give it.

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I suppose you are trying to use Blender Internal as renderer?
    If yes, then you have to setup the materials in the same order they are setup ingame.

Colour Map > Diffuse Map > Normal Map > Specular Map

3. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

I am using that and I tried that, but the result stays the same.

Should the influences be changed?

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I never messed around with that too long, but it should be like this:

Ignore 'reflection'. On top of 'pigeon_d' there should be the 'pigeon_c' texture.

To control the colour, you have to mess with this setting on the 'pigeon_c' texture

For 'pigeon_d', it should work without any changes.

The 'pigeon_n' needs this option turned on

And then this

'Pigeon_s' is the same thing as above, but check only the 'COLOR' slider on the 'Specular' section.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice