Reset-able "external camera"?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by DAYTONAAAAA, May 14, 2017.

1. DAYTONAAAAA

DAYTONAAAAA
    Expand Collapse

The new camera feature is a great feature in the game. For rock-climbing, off-road adventures, or just for cinematic effect.
    But sometimes, the camera stays in a location that it doesn't expect the car to go to. At this point, the camera may be in a location that may be too close to the car, or give it an angle that makes the car very visible.
    At moments like this, I really want to reset the camera to another location.

Maybe it could be assigned to the camera buttons? Like the numpad or right joystick, to take place of the unused camera rotation controls during external camera mode.
    This would be a great update to add during the next update or hotfix.

2. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Leading on from this, it would be nice if there was another External camera mode where it uses a rear biased camera angle rather than it always being (or atleast most of the time) in front of the car. This would make it easier to drive on roads as you could see more of the route ahead.

3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Press numpad 5, or whatever key you have to set to 'Camera Reset/Center', it will make that camera pick a new mode.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. DAYTONAAAAA

DAYTONAAAAA
    Expand Collapse

Oh what
    I've been pressing every number except number 5.
    God dammit. Thanks, anyways!

EDIT
    Also to add, I think CreasingCurve's idea is a good one, too.

#4 DAYTONAAAAA, May 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice