Revamped CRD Monster Truck Development Thread

Discussion in 'Beam-Monsters' started by Deleted member 160369, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

V2

2. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

they seem to be much more resilient to deformation while at the same time looking very realistic. although on huge jumps they are still very bouncy. i like the bounciness because it makes it super easy to do wheelies. although maybe an adjust to the default tune could fix this. i tried Shelby427's maxd tune, and it did make it drive like max d, but it didn't land like him. it broke a lot easier. i think i will stick to the default tune for now.
    testing video coming soon.
    --- Post updated ---
    testing video:

3. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

didn't break easy for me, I guess it's just the way I drive, may need to raise the ride height and dampen it more
    EDIT: never drove the default tune, always used mine, the last time I changed my tune was yesterday, before then I ran my old one which broke easier than this one, the default tune is definitely stronger

#23 Shelby 427, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  4. Dazza97

Dazza97
    Expand Collapse

Feedback for 2.0, I think the truck actually handles alot better, I feel like there's more grip, and less sway in the truck, it gives it a much more realistic feeling imo, you can send the truck from jumps much easier, with landings being much more consistant, overall, I really like the changes!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

New preliminary version uploaded (see first post).

6. aman1127

aman1127
    Expand Collapse

hey, is there a changlog? or tweaks of V1 and V2?

7. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Yes, there is. But I'm too tired to type it down now. I need to sleep... :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

perfect timing, school starts tomorrow and I needed something to do for the next hour before I go to bed

9. Dazza97

Dazza97
    Expand Collapse

The truck feels a whole lot more sturdy, I've been Dennis Andersoning the hell out of it, just throwing it everywhere and it holds up really well, feels alot more realistic, the landings are very solid also, no full bounce off the floor unless your getting rediculous air, which I really like, since the huge bounce after a massive air is always satisfying. I would say that I find it abit harder to hit sky wheelies now, but that's just me personally, until I see the change log I guess I'll see why!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

yes, it's sturdy as hell, and I love that, I always felt the wheels broke off easily...not anymore, I love how the truck feels, and it made my tune a lot better, my MaxD (drivetrain tune without sway bars) used to break within seconds, now it's as tough as nails, so my tune benefits a lot from this, which I like because I use said tune daily)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Changelog in first post. :)

12. Dazza97

Dazza97
    Expand Collapse

After seeing the log, I really like the changes to the animated props, you know I never really zoomed in that far down there but it looks fantastic!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Improper grouping of two nodes is causing the pulleys to become misaligned.

I fixed it on my end, will upload an updated beta in the next few days, with detachable axles and hopefully the new radiator.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

So... Apparently, props can be assigned to breakGroups, but meshBreaking on them can't be disabled.

That means, I can have the new, spinning driveshafts break as powertrain devices, but, due to the aforementioned technical limitation, I only have two options for visible meshes:

- Visible meshes disappearing upon breakage. This is consistent with official vehicles, just a lot more evident in this case since driveshafts are exposed.
    - Visible meshes staying unassigned. This way, the meshes won't vanish, but their behaviour will be unpredictable. Depending on which end of the shaft breaks, the mesh might stretch and float toward the broken attachment point.

Option B is how BETA #1 works. I will test option A with the upcoming BETA #2.

Your choice.

15. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

I say option B, option A just sounds like a magic trick, and will look like one with driveshafts that are this exposed, but if option A is the one chosen I have no problem with it, makes it seem like it belongs in the game as the driveshaft breaks the same way the official driveshafts break, I guess I'll see how option A looks when I'm testing beta #2, it's easier to break the driveshafts (they survive jumps but loosing a few four-links can cause the driveshaft to break instead of the axle being 180 degrees around and still having drive like it has been doing since the start, I'm glad the driveshafts are slightly weaker)

16. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

It will be rather difficult to break the driveshaft only. Chances are you're going to break most of the axle parts with it, and the whole axle will come off... so the driveshaft vanishing won't be that noticeable with all the parts scattered around. :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

love it! i did find a couple of odd things though. one is new tire + body panel = ???, and the other is that a broken driveshaft spins perpetually for no reason. and maybe the wheels need to be strengthened a bit? jumps i could land before now sometimes break off 2 or more wheels.
    video Here, will load up soon.

#37 gameboy3800, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

I love how the truck always works wrong for you only... :rolleyes:

19. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

that is my one true purpose: find ways to break the truck that literally nobody else will ever be able to do.

20. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Problem is, none of the three issues reported are bugs:

- Driveshafts don't spin indefinitely. Also, see the post above yours about driveshaft breakage, not impemented in BETA#1 yet but included in BETA#2.
    - Wheel hubs were strengthened. Also, I said this before... Do NOT report issues with parts breaking off in that map, obstacles are rigid collision meshes and stuff will break hard as a consequence. You see the truck jumping over a trailer, but in game terms you're slamming it against a trailer-shaped concrete wall.
    - Parts being projected away by spinning wheels make perfect sense. What's wrong with it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice