Revamped CRD Monster Truck Development Thread

Discussion in 'Beam-Monsters' started by Deleted member 160369, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aman1127

aman1127
    Expand Collapse

looking good so far. Loving the separate tailgate piece. Body comes off way too easily, especially the nose. One huge jump knocks the front end right off.

Thanks for sharing the progress, the modelling looks awesome. Maybe make the front a bit more ambiguous in shape so we can have Fords too?

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00046.png
  2. Progamer995

Progamer995
    Expand Collapse

I do agree with the Nose falling off too easily. But I would also like to point out how cool it is that you can even indent the body without breaking it. The only thing that troubled me, but was also pretty fun is the fact that the truck seems a little too bouncy on some jumps.

3. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

bouncy? ever since I dampened the hell out of the suspension I forgot the stock suspension bounces since I only run my custom tune, I did notice that with the 1st gen chassis if you land heavy on the nose the front end kind of glitches out, same thing with the rear, this doesn't happen on the 2nd gen, but yes the body is on the weak side, doing a sky wheelie and landing on the 2 vans (on the Beach Blast map) with the back end of the body it holds up to an extent but I can shake the body off by just getting big air, I can do the same with Grave Digger if the body is a little damaged but this is with a fresh body

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00241.png
    • screenshot_00242.png
    • screenshot_00243.png
    • screenshot_00244.png
    • screenshot_00245.png
  4. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

That's the bowtie deforming. Can't really make it any better than that, the collision engine can't manage tubular structures all that well.

5. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

ah

6. Timothy Chamlee

Timothy Chamlee
    Expand Collapse

I have been using the Merlin Engine with the majority of the trucks especially the SUV body. When I do a doughnut I notice that the engine will overheat faster than the 540CL High Performance Engine. Is this a tuning error or is it just supposed to be like that. I also agree with previous statements that the truck is a little bouncy on some jumps, but it amuses me because it is easier to do a slap wheelie. The front clip as well as the rest of the body seems to distort and fall off quickly when landing hard or just landing a certain way. I know all this has been said, but these are the only problems I have seen. Overall the new body looks great and performs good in the game.

7. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Other than the different flexbodies and the reshaped exhaust line, the two engines are absolutely identical in Jbeam terms. Likely just an impression.

8. Tubernaut

Tubernaut
    Expand Collapse

Thanks so much for the invite

9. mydoomfest56

mydoomfest56
    Expand Collapse

where the natch potes?

10. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

tbh I didn't really have a problem with losing the hood on big air unless it was already half off, but it does seem weaker than the other 2 bodies never the less

11. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

New beta files available. :)

SUV Test Pack includes a Lucas Oil Crusader skin by Devin Doss@Sim-Monsters, for testing purposes only.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Timothy Chamlee

Timothy Chamlee
    Expand Collapse

Love the skin and it runs smoothly for me. I see no problems as of now.

13. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Reuploaded SUV Body Test Pack with a couple bugfixes. :)

14. aman1127

aman1127
    Expand Collapse

Looking great. Paint is hi res and the new shallow tread is way more realistic!

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00048.png
    • screenshot_00047.png
  15. mydoomfest56

mydoomfest56
    Expand Collapse

are you sure its high res, because when i zoomed in at the paint, i can see the pixiels, just like the gd flag

16. aman1127

aman1127
    Expand Collapse

many other skins show pixels in screenshots, like the alt digger skins out there. Just saying its pretty for beta

17. Flukes Horsey Guy

Flukes Horsey Guy
    Expand Collapse

how did you get those old tyres?

18. Timothy Chamlee

Timothy Chamlee
    Expand Collapse

Yea when I try to use those tires, they do not show up.

19. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

clear your cache I had the same issue...doing so deleted my custom maps, how does one make a separate map

#419 Shelby 427, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  20. supercharge71

supercharge71
    Expand Collapse

Just based on testing I've done since 3:00pm est, I can say its a pretty good body F2YS, It may be just me so correct me if I am wrong but the body seems a little jumpy/glitchy around the edges. Its hard describe with words but the body likes to jiggle a bunch, more than expected. This may not be able to be addressed but I wanted to put some input in. Other than that I am really liking the new body.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice