Revamped CRD Monster Truck Development Thread

Discussion in 'Beam-Monsters' started by Deleted member 160369, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mydoomfest56

mydoomfest56
    Expand Collapse

sweet
    --- Post updated ---
    also, i watched gameboy's vid about the beta and i realize that you removed the name on monster energy's doors

2. Timothy Chamlee

Timothy Chamlee
    Expand Collapse

So how do we do that is everything in the CRD and addon pack now

3. Mike Bevavava

Mike Bevavava
    Expand Collapse

ye, delete the SUV and GD pack then update them other filez

4. Timothy Chamlee

Timothy Chamlee
    Expand Collapse

Alright thanks

5. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Yes. Skin is not very consistent - Damon Bradshaw's Monster Energy was a Cohen in real life - so we'd rather make it more generic.

6. mydoomfest56

mydoomfest56
    Expand Collapse

also, i watched gameboy's vid about the beta and i realize that you removed the name
    doesn't that destroy the purpose of visual realism?

7. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Yes. Visual realism though also implies a different chassis. /thread

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. supercharge71

supercharge71
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if it has been reported (sorry if it has) but whenever I land in water the gas tank bursts into flames, I've only played about 5 minutes since I've gotten home and I've managed to recreate it twice.

9. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

What version of the mod are you using? That bug was fixed like over one year ago...

Attached Files:

• proof.png
  10. ThunderBuddy02

ThunderBuddy02
    Expand Collapse

ScreenShot2018-03-29at85401PM.png @FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL I can't seem to load the SUV nor their skins at all on the 2.0 with halo. I only have the CRD Add-on Pack and the CRD Betas (the newer ones on the first page)
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, when I click on any of the SUV options, it makes the vehicle disappear and makes the camera aim off into space.

11. Mike Bevavava

Mike Bevavava
    Expand Collapse

it breaks other old packs (i think), had to redo my other packs

12. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Make sure to uninstall anything from the previous versions.

13. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Addon Pack updated again, now includes the Mutant paint scheme by @acapaldi.

Please, let him know what you think, so much work went into this scheme and he deserves all the love and hugs you can give him. :oops:

14. ThunderBuddy02

ThunderBuddy02
    Expand Collapse

I'm fairly certain I did: I removed the GD Add-on from the CRD repo forum, and I removed "SUV_Beta" (or some other name along those lines).
    --- Post updated ---
    wait, I'm dumb. Maybe removing the SUV Beta zip that was on the first post wasn't a good idea...
    --- Post updated ---
    Jesus Christ almighty I'm even more blind than I thought...I didn't see the thing saying "SUV Body now included in main mod". I'll have to do some testing again to make sure.

15. ThunderBuddy02

ThunderBuddy02
    Expand Collapse

I finished testing, everything works properly

• Like Like x 1
  16. supercharge71

supercharge71
    Expand Collapse

I am fully up to date. I've deleted all traces of your mod and reinstalled every new beta release

17. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

have you tried opening your mods folder and doing a general search for 'crd'? that's how i find all addons and stuff to unload when doing a latest beta test.

18. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Well, tank doesn't catch fire in the water here.

Unless it's breaking after a violent impact with the surface for you, in that case it's not a bug.

19. Progamer995

Progamer995
    Expand Collapse

Well, this current version of the SUV trucks has been quite nice. Although I am a bit curious, for the breaking body is it intentional for the left side panel and the back panel to be one piece? I thought it might be a bit "Cooler" if they were separate. Also is there a reason that the body pieces stick to intensely to the truck even after breaking?

20. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

They are separate, tailgate can break off by itself or together with either side (not just left). Failure points are mirrored: if left panel breaks, tailgate disconnects on the right side and comes off with it, and viceversa.

It's simply way more frequent for the side panel to get damaged and come off while the tailgate stays attached to it. Tailgate itself is well protected by the protruding tubular "bumper" at the rear, so it's kinda difficult for it to take damage directly.
    That's a game engine limitation. "Sticky" collisions are a largely unresolved issue since launch.

The whole chassis is triangled. It's either sticky collisions or clipping issues... :(

--- Post updated ---
    By the way... Reuploaded both files to fix console error spam. Sorry for the inconvenience. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice