Revamped CRD Monster Truck Development Thread

Discussion in 'Beam-Monsters' started by Deleted member 160369, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

in the video i shift through the gears while the truck has a broken driveshaft upside down and one of them spins in different directions depending on what gear is used even with the brakes being held.
    well it was the landing that killed the wheels. i know that hitting something too hard on that map will completely rip apart anything suspension related.
    i get that body panels would be thrown away. just not the entire wheel and hub as well.

2. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

See my previous post.
    Uneven landings on sharp surfaces. And, as mentioned, wheel hubs were strengthened for beta, not weakened.
    EDIT - On second inspection of that video, the panel is getting caught in the wheel spinning operation and projected toward the inner wheel well. The impact causes breakage of the lower link and the knuckle with it. Working as intended.

3. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

so...working as intended... just not crashed as intended?

4. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Yes.

Keep in mind that I can't change the way collisions in this game work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

I noticed that too, I mean if I land a jump sideways (90 degrees) the planetary will become somewhat unattached and cause the wheel to move around until the planetary ends up disconnecting from the steering shortly after causing the wheel to fall off, but that's not that big of a problem unless I'm trying to clear a gap

6. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

landing on the sidewalls always resulted in either major suspension damage or broken wheels for me, so i'd say that's normal enough.

7. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Of course it is.

8. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

New beta available. I will update the post with notes tomorrow.
    --- Post updated ---
    A couple known issues (already fixed on my end):

- Radiator fans are subsceptible to head on crashes and they can move around/float if the rear driveshaft breaks.
    - Brake discs are ungrouped, so they don't break with driveshafts.

9. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

i found the physics kill switch:
    i wanted to see the drive shaft related issues stated above, so i used the node grabber to try to break the rear driveshaft, and everything died. even touching the rear driveshaft node breaks everything on the truck at once and freezes physics. front driveshaft node is fine. i can grab that and yank it and it breaks as its supposed to. no physics killing happening there.
    i loaded up an older version, and it seems to be a camera point. if i poke it on that verision, the camera goes off center or does some crazy movements even after re centering.
    i tried to see if that kill switch can actually happen by driving full speed in reverse into one of the obstacles, and i couldn't get it to kill the game physics. all it did was destroy the rear of the truck as it was supposed to.
    so, i guess the lesson to be learned there is: don't poke it?

also the radiator fans don't move unless the truck starts moving. when the truck first spawns up, they're all still.

i can put up the video results of me constantly poking that spot with the node grabber to see what's up if you need to.

Attached Files:

• BeamNG2017-09-1222-35-47-77.png
    • BeamNG2017-09-1222-35-52-03.png
    • BeamNG2017-09-1222-36-52-96.png
    • BeamNG2017-09-1222-38-53-36.png
    • BeamNG2017-09-1222-40-23-61.png
    • BeamNG2017-09-1222-45-55-73.png
  10. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

It's one of the refNodes. It's non-collidable for a reason.
    Working as intended: electric fans shouldn't spin indefinitely, they kick in when the the coolant reaches a certain temperature.
    --- Post updated ---
    Update notes available.

Reuploaded BETA #2 to include a couple last-minute fixes.

11. Dazza97

Dazza97
    Expand Collapse

Update; Really like the animated parts on the trucks, I noticed an issue with the version you put up last night where something would break on impact spawning, but the version today has been absolutely fine, runs really well, and I like the additions to the interior also, adds to all the realism.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

BETA#3 available.

Enjoy! :)

13. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

14. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

BETA #4 was meant to go up today but will be delayed instead.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

BETA#4 available.

16. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

love notexture. best troll ever.
    as far as issues, i didn't find any. the only thing i could think of is that i feel the body panels come off too easily. real trucks can land huge jumps and still have the body intact. but its no big deal.
    i noticed that when i tried to wheelie once, the back tires didnt really spin while the fronts did. is there some sort of limited slip central diff that i didn't notice before?
    testing video coming soonish.

17. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Nope.

One issue I found (well, @acapaldi did), front brakes don't belong to any breakGroup. Fixed locally, will upload an hotfix including a handful of improvements in a few hours.

18. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

i couldn't find the camera point either to have fun breaking the game. it used to be right at the rear driveshaft, but i poked it and nothing happened. am sad.
    --- Post updated ---
    testing video that should be up in a few:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

"Release Candidate" version available.

If everything goes well, this version will be submitted to the repository next Monday.

20. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

update notes eaten by hungry koalas...I'm dead

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice