Revamped CRD Monster Truck Development Thread

Discussion in 'Beam-Monsters' started by Deleted member 160369, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

All bodies do that to some extent. Node grabbing can produce some unrealistic deformation the structure isn't ready to take.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

fen found it happen in normal gameplay too but you knew this already. (fens screenshot)

3. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Well that's not really spiking...

Anyway, should be fixed for next beta.

4. supercharge71

supercharge71
    Expand Collapse

The occlusion fix for the digger lights helped on some spikes in fps I used to get strangely. They were very rare but id hiccup sometimes with the lights on. It seems to have helped but then again it may be placebo o_O thanks for the fix though

5. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

i found that happens on all vehicles. whenever i load up a map i always turn on the base truck headlights to get the lag spike out of the way before doing anything else.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

New beta files available! :)

Monster Energy (Pick Up) is now included in the Addon Pack, so you don't need the previous test pack anymore. Make sure to uninstall it before you update the main files.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Sonar118

Sonar118
    Expand Collapse

I encountered a problem after i rolled my truck over a few minutes ago. I think its the cab causing the problem but im not to sure just thought i'd let you guys see.

8. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

might be more a general beam bug than a crd bug. when causing frame damage sometimes the car can shake from stresses. may be from fixed parts trying to staying their fixed position but cant because the frame is now physically different.

or mayb i have no clue what im talking about and its related to the changes to anti-wobbling mechanics

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

I got that too, it's like the roof gets stuck in the roll cage and tries to fight its way out of the chassis, regardless it looks like my car when I'm blaring my sound system, as soon as I pulled the body free of the chassis the shaking stopped, so I found the cause of it, mind you i didn't pull the cab free of the truck, only enough to free it from the chassis so the cab is still on the truck

Edit: sure enough it happened again, as soon as the roof gets stuck in the chassis like that it starts shaking

10. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

It's the same issue as the SUV/Van body getting trapped by the chassis around the halo.

That's how collisions work in this game, very little I can do this time other than making the roof partially non-collidable.

11. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Much like I did with the older bodies, I circumvented the issue by forcing full collisions on both sides of select body areas, namely:

- The front section of the roof
    - The rear portion of the bed sides

Full collisions mean said parts would be repelled when they get in contact with collidable surfaces in the chassis, instead of being able to cross through and get trapped.

Flip side - or why inside surfaces were generally not fully-collidable in the first place - is potential physics instabilities - remember when running over your own hood would crash the game?

This mixed solution seem to be a good compromise: full collisions are in place where it matters, but it's pretty much impossible to stall the physics engine.

Will upload updated files later.

:)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

New beta files available... :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hagan Moskau

Hagan Moskau
    Expand Collapse

So after a few days of trying this new body out. I really love how it came out! My only issue is so far: is that the tailgates are waaayyyy too stiff. I literally after get air up to 30 ft and land it directly on top of the tail gates to get an sort of damage. In real life, if a 5 ton truck landed on fiberglass, it would easily deform it. I recommend making the tailgates softer. Thank you guys! Keep up the amazing work!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

That's not easily achievable in game, but I'll see what I can do.

15. Hagan Moskau

Hagan Moskau
    Expand Collapse

I figured you tried before, but the game is unwilling to let you go that far.

16. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

New beta files available... :)

17. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

tailgate seems good now!
    noticed the hood grab the bottom of the windshield or something and had it hold on when it maybe shouldnt.
    skip to 3:00 to see hood do a flop

18. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Other way around. Bottom of the windshield only disconnects if the hood comes off or all attachments fail, whichever condition comes first.

19. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

New beta files available! :)

Includes new Super Duty body option.

Special thanks to @ROCKGODBOSS for designing and modelling the essential ancillary parts for the new body, to @jedipresence for all the spectacular new paint schemes and to @gameboy3800 for the usual, in-depth preliminary testing.

• Like Like x 3
  20. supercharge71

supercharge71
    Expand Collapse

Beautiful work on the super duty body, I tested it for a good hour and a half. I couldn't find anything wrong with it to be honest. Not sure if the zip ties for the engine cover are supposed to be almost no material orange (I cleared cache so I think its the color of them). Overall it breaks really smoothly, the cab came off with enough force that is expected, all the panels come off well. It's on par with the f150 guys. Its fantastic, nice work to everyone! I'll test more when I can and see if anything shows up but so far so very good.

superduty.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice