Revamped CRD Monster Truck Development Thread

Discussion in 'Beam-Monsters' started by Deleted member 160369, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

a rough estimate, I run cockpit off camera, mainly try to keep the truck alive as long as possible on camera, but yes those are rookie numbers, I'll step it up

2. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

the brutal slope map is maximum ye.

3. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Since repository mod approval is suspended during the weekend, I made the upcoming 1.11 update available here.

You can download it in advance if you like. Includes:

- New swaybar models by @ROCKGODBOSS.
    - Improved materials for select props (supercharger vessel, headers, shock shafts, radiator).
    - Revised weight distribution for better maneuverability.
    - Various bug fixes.

4. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

i get an error when trying to download. maybe it needs to be re-upped?
    --- Post updated ---
    lol nvm. it downloaded now. does the beam site become 40% more sketchy on weekends to anyone else?

Attached Files:

• beamerror.png
  5. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Addon Pack uploaded, too.

6. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

I mean it said a group I was in was not found a few minutes ago, I may want to check that again
    --- Post updated ---
    the steering is almost impossible to break, can't even rip it apart, I had to land on a stray tire to break it, maybe weaken it a little and strengthen the planetaries, the wheels aren't breaking off left and right on my end, the planetary breaks free of the axle and then the wheel falls off if I do a donut or simply by flailing about, other than that it's pretty good

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00004.png
  7. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Uploaded a VERY preliminary version of the Mingled Finger addon currently in development.

It's so preliminary you don't even need to report bugs yet. :D

8. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

why do I feel like I'm VIP when stuff on here is released, probably just me and my tired thoughts

9. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

normally i don't feel that special for dev versions. but this one being so early that reporting bugs is useless, that's an interesting prospect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dealercrash

Dealercrash
    Expand Collapse

11. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

I spent a long time trying to rip the entire body off just by driving, because the truck kept breaking, then when I got the body off the truck decided now is the best time to hold up to everything, I slammed into things and only the wheels broke, yet the slightest bump beforehand would completely destroy the suspension..this truck doesn't really want to be run into the ground, does it, my definition of running it into the ground is the body completely gone and the suspension being mangled

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00016.png
  12. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely! :)
    Mind you this is nowhere into a releasable condition: body currently lacks coltris and most structural parameters are untested.

It was only released as is to celebrate @enjoyinorc6742's birthday. :)

As is being a
    condition... :D

13. Dazza97

Dazza97
    Expand Collapse

Loving the Digger so far Flying, really tough sonova gun ;) It's a tough truck, drives fantastic, and I think the body breaks and panels splits are awesome, really makes the experience much more enjoyable, I think you've done a stellar job, and deserve a break, hopefully it'll shut up the people who were really impatient, but you've proven to them just how fast you can work. Awesome Stuff mate, For some time from Uni work, I'm gonna rip it apart like Anderson! :cool:

Attached Files:

• 20171015194809_1.jpg
    • 20171015234209_1.jpg
    • 20171015194815_1.jpg
    • 20170923021925_1.jpg
    • 20171016002029_1.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  14. aman1127

aman1127
    Expand Collapse

finally back after a few weeks......awesome job again!! Can't wait to test soon.

BTW, just a suggestion, can we (except people actually working on the mod) not post screens in the general forum. Saw some folks going apeshit

15. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

what you mean? flying posted the most screens.

16. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

I know, I was just saying it took me awhile to shear the body off, I was determined to do it and I did it, I had to save the body damage and continue as the truck was in perfect shape besides the body, but I ran out of fuel...Grave Digger isn't a Prius for a reason...actually I would love to crush a Prius with this, why has nobody made a Prius mod to crash in this game, anyway other than the few problems it's solid, honestly love crashing van bodies more than truck bodies, because the roof and side panels flail about like crazy and it's fun to watch, especially if you damage the roof like Anderson did during his 25th anniversary run at the world finals

17. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

New beta version of Fickle Trickster available in first post.

Koalas pooped on my update notes, so just get it and find out what's new yourselves.

18. Linux Doggo

Linux Doggo
    Expand Collapse

Which file includes the alternative tire model? (If you don´t know who I am; I was formerly known as BeamDestribution)
    --- Post updated ---
    I wouldn´t be surprised if Slavaska is the owner of the site because literally every download on worldofmods.ru is uploaded by Slavaska.

19. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

the addon in the main mod thread.

20. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

As of 1.10, it's included in the base mod now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice