WIP Beta released Revamped CRD Monster Truck

Discussion in 'Land' started by Deleted member 160369, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remington

Remington
    Expand Collapse

2. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

So, I got some awesome looking new props by @Hagan Moskau. New engine, new transmission, new radiator. New instruments, too, although I'm currently out of functions for new gauges... :p

I'm currently evaluating the feasibility of what could possibly be the biggest update to this mod so far.

As anticipated, I'm taking it VERY easy right now, while I also try to cope with a chronic medical condition, so it might take a little while. But it's still very high on my agenda.

I'll keep you updated. Thanks for sticking with me! :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

Well rip, also, time to beg people for the dev group crd textures 8)

4. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

just take it easy. once the props are actually updated, is it off to the next project aka CRD 2.0?

5. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Yes. CRD 2.0 might well be launched together with the prop overhaul. :)

6. Hagan Moskau

Hagan Moskau
    Expand Collapse

Glad I could help! Like @enjoyinorc6742 said: take it easy for a bit. IF you need me to point out where which props go which, let me know! Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteelDst

SteelDst
    Expand Collapse

That sounds awesome! Can't wait. I am able to make a trailer for CRD 2.0 now and this time I'll get the credits right so it doesn't have to be taken down like my last trailer. Anyway can't wait!

• Like Like x 1
  8. micklethepickle05

micklethepickle05
    Expand Collapse

Well...I decided to put rear transport wheels on, but keep the normal wheels on front. In mega fs of doom, it worked pretty well to freestyle with! I almost even completed a backflip!

9. anthonytony115

anthonytony115
    Expand Collapse

glad to hear about the WIP with the CRD 2.0 its going to be awsome

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

so basically I'm trying to make a copy pasta job look good. doing metal mulisha because that's what the crd test has and I don't feel like begging for the dev pack textures right now, coming along rather well surprisingly 8)

• Like Like x 4
  11. SteelDst

SteelDst
    Expand Collapse

Ha I'm actually looking forward to seeing what you will makeup send me some screenshots once your done!:);)

12. roblox5521

roblox5521
    Expand Collapse

Got a problem with the mod which has updated with the lastest update, the mod has no tyres and no body. I used the download link in the mod page. Can't seem to make it work.

13. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Do you have any addon packs installed? If so, unnstall any previous version then update the addon pack as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. roblox5521

roblox5521
    Expand Collapse

What are the names of the previous version of the mod? I dont seem to have any duplicates of this mod.

15. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Maybe you have the previous separate addon packs (AddonPack.zip, BigfootPack.zip)?

Uninstall them both if you do. Clear cache, then install the new pack in first post.

:)

16. roblox5521

roblox5521
    Expand Collapse

Thanks mate. Now it works. :3

• Like Like x 1
  17. SteelDst

SteelDst
    Expand Collapse

Is it hard or even possible to Port monster trucks from Sim monsters? (With permission from authors).

18. Hagan Moskau

Hagan Moskau
    Expand Collapse

The way that Monster trucks are made in ROR is completely different. You export the chassis and all the props separately, then you code all the parts together into a truck file made in notepad. Every prop (Tires, Sway bars, Axles etc. (Any outside chassis props)) have to be packed into a compressed file or they won't show up ingame.

19. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Most of the trucks in the dev pack are straight ports from Sim-Monsters. In that case, just the body mesh was converted, no N/B data.

The original CRD itself is a straight port made with Truck2JBeam in automation. All old JBeam structures have since been ditched in favor of entirely new ones written from scratch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SteelDst

SteelDst
    Expand Collapse

So it's possible but it would make sense just to stick with the version we have now because it is newer and is easier to work with right now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice