Solved Rims breaking on widened axle

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by nachtstiel, Dec 1, 2020.

1. nachtstiel

nachtstiel
    Expand Collapse

Hello, I have an issue where I widened the rear axle on the Hopper and the D series. The widened rear axles break several rims. The only nodes that have been moved on the hopper are ax2l, ax3l, ax2r, and ax3r and on the D-series, I had to create new ax2r and ax2l nodes and put those against the hub. These axles work on a majority of rims, but some will inexplicably break off. This appears to be caused by the trackwidth variable. To match the new axle I increased it from 0.195 to 0.445 on the hopper and + 0.66 on the D-series. These settings cause beam breaks, even on the original axle. Are there other nodes/beams that need to be adjusted?

I have widened the front axle by the same amount on both vehicles and can use any combination of rim and tire without issue. It can even be increased up to 10 meters without breaking.

I have attached the modded rear suspension jbeams containing the new axles, hubs, wheeldata, and brakes.

I managed to correct the issue. It turns out that you want to reduce the beamSpring of the beams connecting to the wheel. I still don't know why it only affected some rims though.

Attached Files:

#1 nachtstiel, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice