Released RK's Highly Customizable Engine (Now V8!) 4.0.7

The Most Customizable Engines on the Forum! Now even better with a Rotary!

1. R4NKING

R4NKING
    Expand Collapse

for that i would need nice engine sound files. i found out how to add them like a few months ago, but getting a good sound files is the hard part. also wrote a person with nice sound mods which he didn't released if he would let me use them. never got a answer sadly.

2. Santino Eli

Santino Eli
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Sad part is, I want to make a sound like this since I've always liked it 10000% back in 2018 (the first time), as I owned a 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab that year
    2014-up Silverado/Sierra 5.3L V8 sound

Even if it's this one, the 2007-2013 (specifically a 2010 Silverado with the then-all-new 6L80E):

If possible!!

3. Glosuke

Glosuke
    Expand Collapse

anyway to use this mod on custom cars like for example a hell cat with a 2jz

4. R4NKING

R4NKING
    Expand Collapse

you can add reallife sounds from cars, but then the sound must be clean and it would be alot of work just to make the sound right and i didn't try that yet, also i don't know much about sound editing.

5. Depleuer

Depleuer
    Expand Collapse

Hi R4nking, i ve got no idea of what youre working on right now, but i just wanted to thank you for making this incredible mod. Its awsome and i use it almost everytime i play beam. But i also came here, to ask you about Rotary or say 2 stroke engines. I think it would be great for the mod, so this could be your new project if you got time spared. Anyways, keep up the gread work you legend.

• Like Like x 3
  6. R4NKING

R4NKING
    Expand Collapse

Thanks alot, like to hear that you enjoy the mod.
    Currently i'm not working alot on the mod, but i have started to work on a diesel version of the v8. Just need to fine tune it and add it to every vehicle.
    Rotary is hard, i would need a rotary sound i don't have, also it would be a new engine type not like a i4 or v8.
    I don't know alot about 2 stroke engines so it would be kinda hard to add that. also i can't use other sounds because i already use every sound that is in the game xD

• Like Like x 2
  7. JamesM3E36

JamesM3E36
    Expand Collapse

Rotaries and 2 strokes have many similarities, in terms of how the engine works and makes power and also on the tuning side, but 2 strokes have a few more things witch are super finicky (like the expansion chamber on most of them. and it would also need new custom sounds, probably multiple of them as the design and size of the engine makes a lot of difference on the sound, but a rotary would be a great start if we find a sound you could use for it.

a detroit diesel type 2 stroke engine would be much easier and would possibly work with ready sounds but still much harder to make and way less info propably also.

ps. im super exited about the diesels, when everything is ready, cant wait to throw a diesel v10 in a pessima or something similar ;D

• Like Like x 1
  8. R4NKING

R4NKING
    Expand Collapse

For everyone i submitted the update with the v8 diesel.
    I want to hear if the torquecurve is nice enough, also it varies alot with the cylinderhead and intake if you change them (higher rpm's)

• Like Like x 2
  9. John0090

John0090
    Expand Collapse

What about the RX7 sounds? Would also love to see a rotary!

Can't wait for the diesel update to be approved

10. R4NKING

R4NKING
    Expand Collapse

R4NKING updated [5 New Engines + Turbo Update!] RK's Highly Customizable Engines (11 Enginestypes!) with a new update entry:

V8 Diesel Engine Update! (Need feedback)

Read the rest of this update entry...
    --- Post updated ---
    There isn't a Rotary Sound ingame and i don't know much about Sound files, would be alot of work and maybe wouldnt Sound very good..

11. Santino Eli

Santino Eli
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

• Like Like x 1
  12. SemKill

SemKill
    Expand Collapse

My feedback is about since a few versions back until now, there is a Bug/Problem when you turbo the cars, when you install the turbine and put a wastegate above 20psi it never reaches full pressure, It is always necessary to change the hot part, whether in size in MM or in treatment as Race VNT

13. R4NKING

R4NKING
    Expand Collapse

You Need to select a bigger Turbine wheel for it to work if i'm not wrong

14. R@ndom Dude

R@ndom Dude
    Expand Collapse

How do you get to the area where the engine swaps are available?

15. lioneljohndeere

lioneljohndeere
    Expand Collapse

can you add the i6 sound from the old days back in to the game.
    and can you make the oil have fill levels

other than that this is a very good mod

16. R4NKING

R4NKING
    Expand Collapse

Fill Levels of oil i tried allready. Doesnt work, if you Change the oilvolume, the engine just needs more or less oil to run safe. If they Change it i will add that :)
    Old i6 Sound, maybe i can Find it but i cant Garantie it
    --- Post updated ---
    what do you mean. if you installed the mod you can change the engines like normaly (ctrl + w for tuning menu)

17. Obox

Obox
    Expand Collapse

Hi R4NKING, I wanted to say thank you for all the work you put into this mod. I thoroughly enjoy it.

A few things I wanted to note:
    -The big single turbo builds boost but makes no power until 6-8k RPMs on any engine I try, and suddenly it's a huge jump in power. It makes the large turbo almost unusable.
    -The diesel turbo doesn't make enough power for diesel engines that top out at 2k RPM, seems like I have to use a really big turbine wheel at which point it spools way too quickly, unlike the normal turbos that come with the semi trucks.
    -Adding a big turbine wheel to a turbo makes the boost erratic and the car lurches when accelerating.
    -Using the VNT race header, the boost never really subsides, once you build boost it stays forever, eliminating the fun of flooring it and waiting a second for boost to build.

I was curious if there was a way to edit the turbo efficiency much like how you have it implemented on the superchargers. I would like to be able to control how quickly the turbos spool up under full throttle. This could even replace the selector for the turbine wheel as you would just be able to drag the sliders to your desired efficiency.

Thanks so much, you're doing great work!

18. arcticmac101

arcticmac101
    Expand Collapse

All of them. Only way they heat up quick is when I change it to clogged direct injection.

19. Ferocu

Ferocu
    Expand Collapse

I have noticed that but havent really given it much thought, but yeah all of the engines have a tendency to take a really long time to get up to temp (i know it's not really relevant to the game's engine physics and it's more of an immersion thing)

20. R4NKING

R4NKING
    Expand Collapse

wrote that on the list to change
    --- Post updated ---
    if you just put a big turbine wheel on it the boost is okey. you can choose the variable to set the boost to a good setting that you don't have to much low end/ good responsibility. about 50-70k i think its good for about 2-3bar/30-40psi boost

with the Race VNT i didn't had those problems. but the boost comes alot quicker with the race vnt, i only use it if i want fast boost, use normal vnt or no vnt

Also wrote that down with the diesel and big single turbo.
    the idea was to have the boost at the big single turbo late, like you have a 1000hp 2JZ engine or something. No Boost until you hit about 4-5k but i will change that it will produce a bit of boost in the low rpms :)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice