WIP Beta released RLS Career Overhaul + Custom Championships

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Raceless, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Oldirty Fool

Oldirty Fool
    Expand Collapse

Hey! I just downloaded it a few hours ago! I will definitely start a new career mode with the mods! :)

I noticed a few improvements that could be made, such as when you fly by a cop at 120mph, it takes them a good 5 seconds before engaging in the chase. (I don't know if there's anything that can be done about that.) the cargo boxes seems to make the game lag compared to normal career mode. When I'm a cop, they tend to try to arrest me after 15-20 minutes of chasing AI (kind of weird but doesn't really matter)Also, If you could maybe increase the AI speed on roads?adding different variants of cops would be cool.Overall, this is a really good upgrade to the career mode! The delivery gains and cop chase gains are well balanced and good.

I definitely recommend it. :)
    Cheers, Odf

#41 Oldirty Fool, Apr 30, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
  2. Raceless

Raceless
    Expand Collapse

Glad you are enjoying the mod! The Ai can be frustrating for sure at times but I'm not sure how to change anything with the Ai or increaser their speed. I think the best I might be able to do is change the police to faster versions like the bastion. That could help some, but I agree their reaction time is slow.

It's also very frustrating they seem to never forget you ran from them. There may be a way to fix this but I haven't cracked that yet. For now I try to tell myself they must have remembered me lol

That's weid the cargo boxes cause performance drop for you. Does anyone else experience this? Could always be one of your other mods interfereing.

Thank you for all your feedback!
    --- Post updated ---

FYI everyone, AI pathing on some races seem to be very broken right now. not sure how extensive it is, I think they may need to all be totally remade. Might take me some time to work through them.

#42 Raceless, May 1, 2024
    Last edited: May 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  3. afossen

afossen
    Expand Collapse

Nice mod. I like it a lot, but I would like to remove the police. Is that possible? Or can you make a alternative version without this? :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Aragon1823

Aragon1823
    Expand Collapse

Is there a way to turn off the police? Dont get me wrong the mod is awesome to say the least but that bug gets old real quick since they keep on chasing you everytime

5. Raceless

Raceless
    Expand Collapse

I 100% agree with you both. I still wrestle with the descion to keep them or not since they aren't polished. I'll upload a alternative/optional version tonight that has roaming police turned off. You'll still be able to purchase a police car and chase people and make money. Just no more police raiding your garage and running into your car while upgrading haha

Hopefully this will fix the traffic breaking and only spawning in the logistics area as well

Thank you both for your feedback!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Raceless

Raceless
    Expand Collapse

Updated a version with roaming Police turned off!

Also fixed Ai pathing

Enjoy and let me know if you have any issues

Also there will hopefully be several more updates today as I plan on working on this all night

#46 Raceless, May 3, 2024
    Last edited: May 4, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Raceless

Raceless
    Expand Collapse

Sneak peak of the next update to RLS Championships! There will be a few map changes ;)

screenshot_2024-05-05_09-08-11.png

8. Raceless

Raceless
    Expand Collapse

New update to RLS Championships is out. I had to upload to google drive as the file size has grown past the limits of the forums.

Let me know if you have any issues with the links!

More updates to come hopefully next week!

9. wgirard4

wgirard4
    Expand Collapse

Much better :) Haven't had the stutter yet and the better time of day + better pay for delivery missions is awesome, I couldn't play without this mod atp. As others said the cops are really buggy sometimes but I doubt that you can actually change that rly so still amazing to me. Even though this is just a mod it gives me a lot of hope for the future of beamng's campaign shits a vibe fr.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Raceless

Raceless
    Expand Collapse

Glad you're enjoying it! I'm pretty burnt out from learning Lua, but I do want to take a other stab at the police system. So there's still hope I can figure something out in the coming weeks. I'm also going to start filming a playthrough series so time is getting split. Friday I will be releasing a small update, I'll try to look at the police again and squeeze something in

• Like Like x 2
  11. nothing really

nothing really
    Expand Collapse

Everything works absolutely amazing, the only issue i have with it is that the parts inventory seem to display all of the other car parts at the same time which can get a little tedious or annoying having to scroll up and down and everything. But overall this is really great.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Raceless

Raceless
    Expand Collapse

Yeah that post is a bit annoying. That is how it is in the vanillas game as well? I haven't looked into it but I imagine it's not an easy fix else the devs would have done it

13. Raceless

Raceless
    Expand Collapse

Archive time, RLS Career Overhauls with 2x the police. The new updated version on the main page is reduced back to 1 roaming cop due to issues in the police logic.

I found after only adjusting the number of police from 0 to 1, there is still an issue with police not giving up after the evade without editing anything else. I thought maybe this is by design so the police will never forget you. So if you run, you will always be wanted...maybe. With 2x the police this resulted in each cop needing to arrest you, which is pretty unrealistic.

So for anyone who wants that extra challenge, you can use the attached 2x police archive version.

Attached Files:

14. razer11

razer11
    Expand Collapse

Just FYI the custom championships file isn't public and you need to request access to it

15. Raceless

Raceless
    Expand Collapse

Fixed! Thank you for letting me know!

16. Raceless

Raceless
    Expand Collapse

Just released a video overview of the mod as well as beginning a Career playthrough. Stay tuned for more!

• Like Like x 3
  17. 20buxis20bux

20buxis20bux
    Expand Collapse

Hey man, love the mod so far just have a weird issue I have only ran into since installing, I am getting a traffic LUA error
    *edit* I got it sorted

#57 20buxis20bux, May 15, 2024
    Last edited: May 15, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Raceless

Raceless
    Expand Collapse

Glad you are enjoying it and figured it out!

19. YvngRetroMTS

YvngRetroMTS
    Expand Collapse

Hey! Still lovin the mod! just one concern. When i had first downloaded, the map would go through a time cycle, I personally liked doing shipments into the night then hopping into a drift car and ripping it up throughout the night haha. Is there any way to re-enable that for myself? Was that just a bug?

20. Raceless

Raceless
    Expand Collapse

Edit:
    Glad you're enjoying it! I turned the day night cycle off since there are no lights at night in the city. If you want to enable them on yours, hit F11, and on the scene tree to the left search "tod" for time of day. In the inspector on the right there should be some settings you can play with. Hit save and F11 again and you are done! Let me know if you need more help.

#60 Raceless, May 17, 2024
    Last edited: May 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice