Roleplaying YAY

Discussion in 'BeamNG Roleplay Group' started by Car8john, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Cooldriver10

Cooldriver10
    Expand Collapse

*Parks next to @Srockzz 's house
    *Gets out of Barstow
    *Moves the tree up to the front door

2. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Most of the floodwaters in downtown have receded, and are sliding down the road towards the coast.
    But, near the coast, the ocean has swelled up so much that the entire block closest to the ocean is half submerged.
    Here are some pics from a commercial street near my house. All of the cars are soaking wet, and covered with trash and mud.
    screenshot_2019-08-02_21-48-26.png screenshot_2019-08-02_21-48-40.png screenshot_2019-08-02_21-48-53.png screenshot_2019-08-02_21-49-14.png
    Here's a shot of the coast, taken by a Snooze News Chopper.
    screenshot_2019-08-02_22-07-45.png
    The power and internet are still down, but radio communications are still holding out.
    The one thing that stinks, though, is my garage was completely flooded. My tools are all soaking wet and some have floated away, my bike is destroyed, and my Sunburst is drowned. There's no way I could get it fixed.

3. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

“Well, I’m glad the waters have finally receded.” I tell @zestyfolfdude . “I’m gonna go get the truck, it should be pretty much unscathed in the parking garage.”

4. Mr.Bot

Mr.Bot
    Expand Collapse

What's the plot of this? Hurricane hit West Coast USA?

5. Cooldriver10

Cooldriver10
    Expand Collapse

(Umm... a moving Hurricane that hit from EC to WC

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

(No. Two separate hurricanes.)

“Don’t count on it. There isn’t any way for water to escape the building, really, and each floor is generally covered in about two feet of water. It’s crazy how much water this hurricane dumped, doesn’t seem like much because most of it ended up in the canal and the ocean. So when it gets trapped somewhere the real extent.... ah... shines through.”

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

"Hmmmm, hopefully the water drained down to lower levels through the ramps, or something? Two feet might be pushing it for the truck, I think it could drive through that, but I'm not really sure..."
    I look out where the front door of @zestyfolfdude 's house should be.
    "We really need this truck."

8. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

"Yeah, we do. Let's try and get it."

9. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

After a not so pleasant jog down to the parking garage, I hop the gate, and run up to the nearly empty 3rd floor.
    screenshot_2019-08-03_12-14-40.png
    The ground is covered in a few inches of murky water and debris, but that should be no problem for my V8 and 4 wheel drive. I hop in, and anxiously turn the key.

The engine starts. "Hahah, yes! I knew it would start!"

screenshot_2019-08-03_12-21-07.png
    As I drive around wreckage in the streets, I realize the passenger side window is busted out, but other than that and a few dings, the truck is basically unscathed. I roll back up to @zestyfolfdude 's house, and say "Look what I found!"

10. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Well guys, sorry for being away for the last few fays. So, after the water receded, we got on the road to my home in GH. Thankfully other than some trees and a garage that collapsed, nothing else did. Carl, also known as the Step Dad got admited into the hospital with a cranioencephalic trauma. He is still alive, and the doctors expect him to recover most if not all functions. As for me im still walking around with the bandages, and the doctors said im going to be like that for another month or so. They did some brain scans, but everything should be good as long as i dont get seizures or anything like that.
    As for the rest of my family, my ex-wife is staying at the hospital, and my daughter and my son, although a bit shaken are fine and staying with me until further notice.
    The house in Firwood.... The insurance guys looked it over and declared it unsafe. The basement was flooded and the house was starting to sink.

screenshot_2019-08-03_14-11-59.png

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tuner from America

Tuner from America
    Expand Collapse

All of my shit is totaled except for my Roamer. I parted ways with some strangers that I came across during the hurricane and left Firwood with no room to spare in my car. Arrived in Garfield height's pretty late and checked into a Airbnb that I bought ahead of time. Currently I'm just browsing homes on BeamHome.com with no luck, I have enough money to live off of for a year tops, but that's it.
    screenshot_2019-08-03_17-33-38.png

12. Deleted member 197136

Deleted member 197136
    Expand Collapse

Well, Insurance payed out a whole bunch. My ETK is getting completely repaired free with my warrenty, and my Vendetta is gone. My house is in repair while i’m away.

13. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

"We need to get to high ground, that's the safest place." I say. "We should get in the truck and head to the mountains."
    It was a bright and clear evening when we left for the mountains.

screenshot_2019-08-03_20-15-23.png
    As we rounded a curve, I noticed that something strange was happening in the mountains around us. A mudslide!
    I tell@98crownvic to gun it as the slimy mud roared down the slope. But it's fruitless, as the mud catches up with us in five seconds. It spills onto the roadway, and the Blista in front of us tips over and is thrown against a nearby hill.
    The last thing I see is the green D-Series violently tipping over.
    Then silence and blackness.

14. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

"Why do we need to go to the mountains? Are you okay? Is your house not safe enough"
    "Gun it!"
    "What the hell? Why? What..."
    The mud smashes into the truck, sending it flying into the hill. Things go black.

I wake up to the side of the truck being smashed in, and broken glass laying all over me.
    "Son of a gun, I just redid the paint..." I say in my groggy haze.

15. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

As I wake up, I look in the direction of the wrecked D-Series, and other cars.
    The D-Series lies with its bed in the air completely. The cabin is mostly crushed and filled with mud, and the engine bay is covered too.
    It lies about 50 yards down the street.
    I then realize that the fact that the car was so old saved us-after our bodies slammed against the doors when the mud first hit, the seatbelts and door latches both broke, sending us flying onto the pavement, ultimately saving us.

But we’re not unscathed- My face is dripping blood and my leg stings badly. My other leg is stuck in the mud.
    I can’t see @98crownvic . But he’s probably here.

16. jerrie

jerrie
    Expand Collapse

As i woke up, i realized my house was worse then i thought, since the water effected the wood. It will be worked on, so thats a problem.
    *i check up on my moonhawk, luckily the cover held, and ne, so thats a relief*
    *i drive to firwood, which is mostly empty*
    *while driving, i catch something in the corner of my eye*
    “What the?”

17. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

My eyes open, seeing double, and everything being blurry. I see a shape down the road which looks like the truck. I also see a figure laying on the ground. I try to stand up, but I’m so dizzy that I collapse to my knees.

18. Vibestation 5

Vibestation 5
    Expand Collapse

*Sees my Sunburst RS*
    --- Post updated ---
    *Drives to firwood being mostly empty, And sees collapsed buildings*

19. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

After lying back down on the ground, and a 'short' nap, I can finally stand up. My vision is still blurry though, so something's not right, and my arm hurts like hell. I walk over to what's left of the truck, and to the figure close to it. "@zestyfolfdude, is that you?"

20. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

“Ugh, yeah..”
    My speech is slurred.
    “Look, an... ambulance!”
    An ambulance arrives at the edge of the mud, stopping abruptly. A police car follows.

More mud is bound to fall. If they don’t get us quickly, they'll get buried too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice