1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Rude people

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sam2012, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Sam2012

Sam2012
    Expand Collapse

I am tired of people and talking about spelling and being rude that is getting old what are they the spelling police as long as you can read what is posted get over yourself.

2. destroyer8769

destroyer8769
    Expand Collapse

I agree with this but, people should still try to check their grammar before posting, but if it is only a couple of minor errors, I feel they (the community) should keep the complaints to a minimum.

3. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

315453_554582734607803_1578776484_n.jpg
    this^:p could not help my self

4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Says the man that launched a series of personal unprovoked insults at someone last night while simultaneously spelling things almost non understandably bad and claiming to have a degree...

5. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

i always laugh when i read "english is obviously not your first language" from persons where its obvious that its their ONLY one.

6. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

If you're tired of it, maybe try to better yourself? I know it sounds impossible to have to put effort into something, but it might be worth a try.

7. Jack Attack

Jack Attack
    Expand Collapse

This is true to a certain extent. I honestly don't think it's worth it for people to say, "You forgot a period there, and a comma there!" But, It's hard to take someone seriously who types "leik dis". We were a bit rude to you in your Omega thread, but mainly because you thought someone's mean post was aimed at you, after you made the stupid error of not reading the post being quoted.

8. Petrovsky

Petrovsky
    Expand Collapse
    duplicate account of banned user AwesomeSauce

It really pisses me off when people don't use punctuation.
    I read the text and it just keeps going without commas or anything and it sounds like if I read it in real life I'd run out of breath and die just because they didn't bother to use punctuation see what I mean?

9. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

You sir owe me the funds for my private health care for asphyxiation.

10. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

This whole thread is aimed at me. Yesterday he took a post of mine the wrong way and got all mad at me. Apparently I'm an "assface" and he has a degree so I should shut up.

11. Smeowkey

Smeowkey
    Expand Collapse

if yer gonna talk ths wai and wright a ginormous nonstop runon sentense with louzi spellin with bad gramer n no ponctuacion thn ye probly desrve 2 b told of

Seriously though, it's a forum, on the internet. Many members are probably young and are still learning the basic concepts of written language skills. If you don't want to make an effort, as said before, to better yourself, then you are entitled to heavy criticism. Granted, we all make mistakes but clearly some folk make absolutely no effort in making their written communicative skills comprehensible.

I can understand writing out a simple SMS to a close friend with a few shortcuts as to keep it simple but when you have a full keyboard at your disposal along with free dictionaries, thesauruses and built-in spell-checks. What is your excuse to post gibberish that only the poster understands?

12. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Potatoes can't talk.
    Most people, when faced with a forum that they consider rude or wrong, bring up the points in a polite fashion. Especially after having an argument with a larger piece of the community that leaves them predisposed against you. I doubt just saying this (without fixing the errors much less) will help.
    I wish people would say that so we know and don't rag on them for that. I say if English is your first language you need at least the grammar and spelling of a freshman, and automatically hold people to that standard until told otherwise. (I also don't see the problem with only knowing English.)

13. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I honestly dont give a damn about what my spelling is like I mean its pretty good but I admit I make mistakes in this and well...I do...but at least I spot them before making the post and do my best to correct myself :)

14. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

If I'm thirteen and I can type and spell like this, I don't think anyone really has an excuse to type really bad, unless english isn't their 1st language, then I can understand it.

15. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Nobody is perfect when it comes to grammar. Hell, I add way too many commas in my sentences half the time and they become choppy and broken. But if you don't at least try to make sentences easily readable then you are subject to criticism. I understand that English isn't everybody's first language, but then you just have to say, "sorry for my English, it's not my first language."

16. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

If you're thirteen and you joined in 2013 then you should not be here.

Also, I doubt that OP is old enough to be here either since he's dealing with this like a whiny kid. Almost no one's English is 100% correct all the time, but people should make an effort to type in a readable way.

17. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

Don't worry Potato, he may have a degree, but he will never bee in our ubercool senior member group! :D

18. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

I disagree. As long as someone's maturity level is up to par, their age doesn't really matter in my opinion.

19. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I would agree, but it is a legal thing AFAICT. Also, wan't the requirement 13 until something like april 2013?

20. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I think it was changed to 16 when 2013 started, in january. I wish I'da caught on when I first saw the Beamng videos so I wasn't constantly risking a ban.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice