1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Running Beam.NG on Linux/DXVK

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nexusband, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Nexusband

Nexusband
    Expand Collapse

So since DXVK took off (for those who don't know what it is, it's a wrapper, that puts DX11 code to Vulkan) like crazy a few months ago, it has been constantly getting worked on by the devs.

Many Games run in "near" Native Windows speed and the nice thing is, installing Vulkan in a Wine 64-Bit prefix works perfect. So it's pretty much just installing stuff and that's pretty much it.

Anyway, i didn't have much hope for Beam.NG because it's rather complex. But - it works pretty damn good! FPS aren't as good as they are on Windows and the CPU Delay counter shows a few spikes to 50-60 ms, but they are very infrequent and it's absolutely playable. Banana Bench shows around 150 Mbeams/s on my Ryzen 1600 @ 3.9 GHz (although i had quite a lot of stuff running in the background) and FPS hover around 40-50 FPS on "High" graphics settings with my RX 480 (which is ~ 5-10 FPS less than on Windows)

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. namkhai

namkhai
    Expand Collapse

Can you give a howto, showing how you've get BeamNG.Drive running on wine? thanks! (And sorry for my english :oops:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice