WIP Beta released Satsuma 210 '58 5.01

New classic 50's Japanese car for the game

1. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Just get "Controls" app (if you don't have it) and you'll know the controls. You can also expand it or hide clicking on it...

2. rmmulder

rmmulder
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I did, sorry for the late response.

3. PolishPetrolhead

PolishPetrolhead
    Expand Collapse

I have my trusty old headphones, Sony MDR XB-600. I tried to clear the cache, run it as only enabled mod, etc, but the sound is still low

4. mike94

mike94
    Expand Collapse

According to the reviews, your headphones have good, bassy sound and I don't think they are the problem. On my end the Satsuma is a bit quieter than Covet.

5. PigeonDriver

PigeonDriver
    Expand Collapse

I believe so. Your question is reasonable, I can think of a few four door cars that are considered coupes and vice versa.

6. PolishPetrolhead

PolishPetrolhead
    Expand Collapse

I will record the sound difference and send the file here.
    --- Post updated ---
    Here's the file with sound comparison. The Satsuma is waaayyy to quiet. Other cars' idle sound is louder than the redline of Satsumas (Green-ish is 1500, brown is Rotary Turbo 1). Even their tire squeel is louder than the redline. I assume the problem is only on my end since nobody else mentioned that problem so I am willing to tweak around the mod files I have here, I just need to be told what to do. Or get some particular file sent to me with hopefully fix just to throw into the zip, I won't mind :p

Attached Files:

7. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Made some fan-art ;)

8. EvanHellaFlush

EvanHellaFlush
    Expand Collapse

Wow! that looks amazing! good job dude!

9. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, glad you like it. :)

10. Αλατοπίπερο™

Αλατοπίπερο™
    Expand Collapse

I aprove it

11. mike94

mike94
    Expand Collapse

Wow. That's really weird how quiet the sound is. I ran out of ideas what could cause that.:confused:
    That looks awesome, great job!:D

12. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! Glad you appreciate it! :D

13. PolishPetrolhead

PolishPetrolhead
    Expand Collapse

I cleared the cache, disabled all the mods, then moved all the mods to a different folder and still no change. I wandered into the mod zip and came across satsuma_sounds.sbeam and saw some volume things etc. Could you just tell me what value to change in order to increase the overall engine volume? I will boost it up by 300% for a good start and then tweak it to be similar to what you explained: just a little bit quieter than covet.

14. mike94

mike94
    Expand Collapse

Take a look at this sbeam. I changed the formatting a bit to make it clearer to read. Open it in Notepad and change the "maxVolume" values. The sounds will still be very quiet on low throttle as there is a bug in the game with higher than zero "minVolume" values.

Attached Files:

15. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

One issue here is that you can't go higher than 1 with max volume for sbeam, because that then causes sample to play at constant volume instead of adjusting volume by amount of throttle, that means sound bugs out.
    Another is that with samples currently in mod, you can't really boost them and still get good blending.

However with some mods, you get values higher than 1 and those play samples at maximum volume even at idle.

Another setting is min volume that is up there, I belive 0.25 in satsuma, this changes volume at minimum throttle.

Let's make an example, you have:
    ["name", "source", "factor", "offset", "min", "max"],
    ["engine_throttle", "throttle", 1, 0, 0.25, 1],

So that 0.25 is the minimum volume samples will play at and maximum is naturally maximum, however this is master control, then you have individual sound control that is at lower lines.

Way this works is that at line 9 of that file mike posted, there is "minVolume", and "maxVolume", if "minVolume", there is 0, that means it is really 0.25, you see master control sets limits and from that master control value 0 is low end that is 0.25.

For max volume, 1 would be then what is set in master control to be maximum.

If that was hard to understand, there is always this sbeam tutorial I made a year ago or so, topmost is page 1 and other pages are in order below that, have fun! :
    upload_2018-1-28_16-55-30.png
    upload_2018-1-28_16-55-48.png
    upload_2018-1-28_16-56-4.png
    upload_2018-1-28_16-56-24.png
    upload_2018-1-28_16-56-42.png
    upload_2018-1-28_16-56-54.png
    upload_2018-1-28_16-57-7.png
    upload_2018-1-28_16-57-24.png
    upload_2018-1-28_16-57-40.png

16. PolishPetrolhead

PolishPetrolhead
    Expand Collapse

First I multiplied min and max value in 4th line by 10, to see what happens. Nothing. Then I returned the max value to 1 and set min to 0.99. No difference whatsoever. I also played around with the values for particular engines. Amazingly and unpredictably also nothing happened. I am fairly convinced that the only remedy for this problem is taking all the sound files and boosting the f out of their sound and see what would happen. I can't wrap my head around anything other than changing the values here and there, because my brain is so limited, therefore I doubt any further tutorials and help would end up in fixing my problem. If increasing the volume of the samples doesn't work, would anyone help me to perhaps remove the mod sounds and replace them with probably covet sounds, so I could enjoy the mod with live-with-able sounds and stop going insane after first 15 seconds of using it?

17. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

There is something wrong if nothing changes. For example if you set minimum higher than 0, sample will play constantly, even when engine is off.
    Usually that happens when there are two files of same content and game does not know which to use.

You can't really boost samples, because that will cause clipping and sound really terrible.

To have Covet sound, just remove all sbeam files from the satsuma mod, then copy soundconfig from covet engine file to satsuma engine file.

18. PolishPetrolhead

PolishPetrolhead
    Expand Collapse

Hmm. I remember driving the car a while back, and since I didn't notice back then it could be the game itself that has some problems with itself. I will do a clean reinstall and if that doesn't work I will call it quits. Ok, so then see you in a couple of hours when the game downloads.

19. PolishPetrolhead

PolishPetrolhead
    Expand Collapse

4 hours of download for nothing. Fml.

20. bluntbrother

bluntbrother
    Expand Collapse

Hey would be great with many wish's a holden commodore VS/Vl/VK ??

Attached Files:

• dmitchSS.jpg
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice