WIP Beta released Satsuma 210 '58 5.01

New classic 50's Japanese car for the game

1. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

I don't know, it seems that it is both. BeamNG shows it, because the Mirimar and the Pigeon are both LHD. Also, in the article 7 Habits you will form after living in Japan, number 6 said, "First of all, the streering wheel is on the other side of the car and you are driving on the left side of the road. Hmm.

2. BeamNGFan

BeamNGFan
    Expand Collapse

Choo Choo
    20170331112431_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Manche

Manche
    Expand Collapse

I would ask forome some nifty addon like a 4wd conversion and a more peppy version of the factory engine, something like 80 hp?, one for offroading the other for a vitage race car

4. Petronella

Petronella
    Expand Collapse

but were is the one with a unrealistic amount of horse power?

5. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

wat

I'm not a home right now but im like 99.999999% sure that both the Miramar and Pigeon are RHD.

I know for sure all of japan is RHD however as I remember reading about the last prefecture to switch from LHD to RHD, in the 1960s.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

Whoops, bad post! Also what I meant was Japan drives on the left side of the road. Whatever! That post is going to go down strong. Deleted.

#86 CarBro74, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  7. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

Dude. RHD means right hand drive. That means that the steering wheel is located on the right side of the vehicle. You should have noticed that at least when you brought up @expired's RHD car pack into the argument.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

you are confusing LHD/RHD and left hand traffic. Japan is left hand traffic right hand drive. The Skyline is a RHD car. You literally have your entire post back to front and its quite laughable.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Outstanding job! I love all little details that aren't even in official vehicles (like damn fuel cap and pipe!).

However there are three things that bothers me:
    - this is Japanese car so why it is LHD?
    - it is really strong as a car from 50s,
    - little thing but really annoying me (I don't know why), blinkers shouldn't glowing, I'm not sure 100% but they had additional light next to blinkers in late 60s (for example Dastun 510).

10. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

Yay, I am an idiot! Thanks bro! Eh, now I know. *facedesk* I screwed up.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mike94

mike94
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_00022.png screenshot_00021.png screenshot_00020.png
    Thank you everybody! I never thought that the Satsuma could be the top rated mod out there and it has almost reached 10 000 downloads.:D

The wagon body model is now finished and ready for jbeaming. It was hard to model, because I didn't find any real-life photos of the Datsun W210 wagon and the old sales brochures found online show the rear end only with tailgate open.:)

The big news for the performance hungry people of the BeamNG community in the oncoming update is the Mazda 13B -inspired two-rotor Wankel engine with N/A four-barrel carb and intercooled turbo versions. The adjustable Stage 3 turbo will produce over 500hp from the little rotary engine.

Of course there will be lots of jbeam changes. @synsol seems to be very busy, so I'll improve the crash deformation myself and try to fix all the bugs. I'm also making an experimental front axle with minimal amount of nodes needed and the remaining nodes are heavier to allow increasing the "beamSpring" values. I hope it will fix the front wheel wobble issue.

@TheRustyRagdoll also made great sounds for the original engines and they will be added in the next update. Now we only need rotary engine sounds...

• Like Like x 10
  12. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

This wagon looks great, you are right I'm super busy those days sorry about that!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. JCX034

JCX034
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for implement the wagon and the rotary engine in this mod m8. #JDMLaifu

14. RustyRenesis

RustyRenesis
    Expand Collapse

A 12A PUSHING 500HP????
    @mike94 I LOVE YOU.

And yes, i'll finally do the sounds... with pleasure.
    Hell yeah!! Finally a rotary!!

#94 RustyRenesis, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  15. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Woah! This looks outstanding! Any plans for K110 (I think this is only one convertible Datsun on this body)?

16. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

17. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

He has van, pickup and convertible with working canvas roof planned.

18. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  19. mike94

mike94
    Expand Collapse

Thanks!

I'll do it after I make the van and pickup bodies. The working canvas top for the K110 seems to be very hard to make. Maybe it can be done somehow with slidenodes.
    Thanks. It's from the same brochure I used as a reference.
    Thanks very much! The wagon model is very rare and that thread with the pics is very helpful. The tail lamps of that Datsun are strange. All the brochure images show round protruding lamps like the sedan has. Also the rear door windows are different from the '58 model, which has sliding windows and the one in the thread has roll-up windows. The front end looks like the '60 model 223 truck. Could be the only US wagon left.

20. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

I remember old Cadillac 63 series where similar roof works fine, only connections were indestructible. I can't find it but I still have it so if you want I can send you this mod.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice