1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Saving Level Changes-- New vs. Old World Editor (issues)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B3_Burner, Mar 2, 2021.

1. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

Hello,

If I want to save changes to a level (let's keep it simple and say I only want to change the default time of day),
    Old World Editor would direct me to the proper folder of: C/Documents/BeamNG.drive/levels, where I would simply give it my own unique name, and the file would be saved with the name of the level in lower case letters. Easy enough.

However, New World Editor directs me to the improper folder path of: C/Games/steamapps/common/BeamNG.drive. It kind of drops me off in no-man's-land, and I know I don't dare change the level files in the default levels folder.

So I could redirect it manually to Docs/BNGdrive/levels myself, but then a strange thing happens. Rather than containing the internal files within a folder named after the level I made the changes in, it dumps all the files loose into the levels folder leaving me to sort through the mess, and try to put it in some organized fashion.

Has anyone else had this problem, saving level changes with the New World Editor, and how do you stop it from doing that?

Thank you.

2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I've heard that it randomly dumping all the files is intentional to prevent it from overwriting the original file because otherwise you would lose it forever. But it still makes no sense to me and idk if it's true. Also, it happens with old editor too. At least it used to happen, idk if it does now.

3. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

Luckily I've never had issue in the Old Editor. But when they deprecate the old and I'm forced to edit with the New, I'm in big trouble.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice