SBR4 Gauge Cluster improvement

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by crazikyle, Nov 16, 2018.

1. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

I just realized that the tachometer on the SBR4 is difficult to read when it's not directly illuminated by the sun in game, making it nearly impossible to determine where the redline begins. A simple color alteration to the rest of the cluster, or adding an actual redline would make it much easier to see.

How the gauge currently looks in the shadows:
    20181116152806_1.jpg

And my quick fix:
    sbr4fix.jpg

Edit: I've gone ahead and made the changes myself. It's not dev quality, but I'm happy with it. I'll add the files in case anyone else wants to use this change. Just remove the 1 from the file name and replace the original files.

screenshot_2018-11-16_20-39-55.png

Attached Files:

#1 crazikyle, Nov 16, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 1086lee

1086lee
    Expand Collapse

It's a pretty minimal change in my opinion, not likely that the devs will change it. But the dash texture is in the car's folder, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to just edit it for yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I'll probably do it sometime this weekend. I did something similar on the ETK 800 series before, when I didn't like how the center screen looked. It's just mildly annoying when every update breaks the change I've made.

Edit: I've done it now, and I'm quite pleased.
    screenshot_2018-11-16_20-39-55.png

I'll edit my first post

#3 crazikyle, Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  4. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

@B25Mitch Do you think adding in a Red zone onto the Tachometer on the SBR4 is worth the additional effort?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice