School PCs and Beamng....lol

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Deleted member 1747, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

Our school has imac 5ks for graphic design and photography, but we still have C2Ds with 8600GTs for the video game club/ game design room.

2. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

We've got a "Sci Vis" classroom, which is for teaching Photoshop, Illustrator, and 3d modelling, and a CAD/CAM classroom. The Sci Vis room has 2nd gen i5's and GTX 460's. The CAD/CAM room has i7-4771's and some Firepro GPUs. It's weird... Rendering would take forever in Sci Vis, and the terrible teacher didn't help any.

3. hduncan806

hduncan806
    Expand Collapse

i got by at 60 fps on low on with Intel HD Graphics 4400 so i bet

4. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

My school's PCs still run XP. I had to take the 0.4.0.6ish version to get it to work, and then, it got, 1 FPS on grid small pure with the default truck.

5. nolotank

nolotank
    Expand Collapse

Wow. Exact same story here - somehow we slipped the Dropbox download past the snooping software.

6. Wiggilez

Wiggilez
    Expand Collapse

we never actually tried downloading it, the file was small enough to fit on a usb stick, then we hid it in the photography folders because it's slightly larger file size was less suspicious there :p

7. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

School PCs in my school is brought in somewhat between 1992 and 1993 (according to my researches) so you can say that BeamNG is gonna kill them...But in the Game Design/ Gaming club, we have quite good computers (still 25-30 fps in BeamNG but hey, it's better than the 1992 pcs :))

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice