Sorry to bump an old thread, feel free to delete this comment if not allowed. But I really love how this car handles and look and I have no engine sound with the v10 gt3 engine (It happens with game version 0.38 aswell). If I change the engine to the normal scintilla v10 or the v8 I have sound. Am I just blind and I missed something to download or it's just a bug ? I tried with a fresh 0.39 install with no other mods and still the same problem. I could still just use the normal v10 I know but if anybody has an idea it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance !
The missing engine sounds appears to be a issue with the native Linux version of Beamng. More specifically all the engine sounds are encoded with Microsoft's ADPCM audio codec, which seems to silently fail on linux. The gear shift sound still works as it is encoded with standard Signed 16-bit Little Endian PCM (aka what is on a CD). So anyways, I transcoded all of the audio files to vorbis in the ogg format. They are encoded at 128kbs, possibly overkill but is still less than half the size of pcm or adpcm. Vorbis should work everywhere. Contents of the attached file: 'art' identical to the existing art folder, but wav files converted to ogg files, and the blend files changed to reference the ogg files. 'vehicles' should be able copy this into the existing vehicles folder replacing existing files. It only modifies two files. scintilla_transmission_gt3.jbeam referenced the original .wav files, I changed it to reference the ogg files. I also commented out lines 138 and 139 in gt3TractionControl.lua which was spamming the console basically anytime the the car's engine was on, I assume this was a bug. 'wav-to-vorbis.sh' Is the bash script I used to transcode all of the wav files. I used Ai to write it because, look at it, no one wants to write bash. Something I found after posting. The compressor sound is ear piercingly loud. It doesn't appear to be a issue with format change. It's still loud if I use the version straight off the repo. The 0.39 release notes do mention a 'Hydraulic Sounds Overhaul', presumably that's what is causing it. But, with how loud it is for me I am surprised there aren't multiple posts here complaining about it. Anyways, I changing line 58 in scintilla_transmission_gt3.jbeam from '"soundVolume": 5,' to '"soundVolume": 1,', that makes it a more reasonable volume for me. The attached zip file does not have this change.
Thank you, this is very useful! Do you mind if it gets included in the next update? As for the volume, from what i heard on the 0.39 discussion thread it might be an issue that gets fixed with the next hotfix so i'm waiting for it before doing anything
Hello, I am very interested in this mod; however, it is kinda broken now. So I tried to fix it a lot. I have made many changes to the mod, including: -adapt to the 0.39 illumination system -a new-look gauge -fixed missing input maps -refined almost all jbeam files to remove redundant lines and make parts easier to come off the car, like irl easy-swap GT3 parts -reworked pressure wheel models to adapt to 0.39 tire physics; now they are like 100 times better -reworked engine power curve; now it looks more like a vanilla V10 engine, power still 535hp though -reworked downforce behavior -tuned sound for power unit -other things I can't remember Idk if you are interested in this
Fixes were already made and just need to be released, the other changes i'm not sure everybody would approve but you can send them ig
You might wanna rename it before putting it in the mod folder because it uses the same name as the original one, I guess pls tell me how it is
A summary of changes and fixes I have made: Fixes: - Foggy windshield - Incorrect jbeam node assignments, which could lead to instability when selecting 660/680 rear tires - Custom input maps - Pit limiter - Gauge timer and delta (works with both time trial and hotlapping UI app) - Some incorrect livery coordinates - "Large GT3 fuel tank" is now 2x60L to obey real-life regulations - Engine power graph is no longer a flat line - SSC no longer causes unwanted behaviors like locking one wheel - Whole-car Jbeam corrections - Onboard camera clipping outside Changes and new features: - Most accurate GT3 pressure wheel, derived from a custom automated testing script that ran in-game - Tuned jbeam attach and deform values to make bodywork feel more like carbon fibers and buckles - More accurate TC & ABS control - Working side lights, monitoring both front and rear wheel locking rate (purple = rear locking, yellow = front locking, no TC lights, which were supposed to be green, but the BeamNG engine only supports 2 different colors, hence cancelled) - Steering wheel and console backlights - Refined whole-car texture and materials - Added brake vent tape% tune options - New-look gauges with warning interactions (brake temperature < 200 = blue, > 800 = red; fuel < 20L = yellow, <10L = red; Temp >110 = yellow, > 115 = red) - Gauges now change luminosity like vanilla cars: 2000 nits when headlights off and 500nits when on - Real-time adjustable TC, ABS, engine map, also displayed on gauges - Brake temperatures on gauges - Add an idle screen on gauges - Tuned transmission noise; now it sounds softer - Add SRO GT3 and LMGT3 restriction plate - Script tested true-to-life bodywork drag&lift and aerodynamics - Script tested suspension values - New-looking tire marks and rim logo - LuminRank now syncs with ignition state - New Rollcage Jbeam Update 5/10/2026 - Fixed a problem where the interior right door panel latch will not trigger; This is a vanilla bug, and I have made an individual new panel that fixes that problem - Adjusted "SRO GT3 (Sequential)" configuration; Now the car is generally more stable and has less snap oversteering