1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Screen recorder no longer works after update

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by jammin2222, Jun 30, 2015.

1. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

I have been using the screen recorder built into MSI Afterburner for years, but like the title says.

I'm not sure what has changed on the beamng side of things that would make the game undetectable by it. I have added and re added beamng to the application profile properties, but nothing I do will make the fps counter show up and I'm unable to start recording. I get no error messages or anything. It records other games just fine.

I have performed a clean install of my graphics drivers.
    I made a new nvidia profile for beamng.
    Reset beamng back to default. (deleted the documents/beamng folder)
    Deleted old beamng profile for msi afterburner and added it again from scratch.

screen shot of msi afterburner's screen recorder.
    Capture.JPG

It was working in the version before force feedback was removed, but not the current version. (not sure about the version without FFB as I didn't update to it)
    I loved that screen recorder as it didn't murder my FPS as badly as fraps did.

I do have open broadcaster, but its not giving as good results. I need to know some good settings for it, as I cant find a good balance of quality vs performance.
    Here is open broadcasters settings, any idea what I should be doing in here?
    Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG

Any recommendations for settings, free screen recorders or solutions to get MSI afterburner working?

Cheers guys

2. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Rivatuner / MSI Afterburner can't hook onto 64bit programs. If you continue to use the 32bit version, it will work, although you'll be missing out on the performance boost 64bit has.

I see you have a GTX 580; why not use ShadowPlay? It doesn't really affect FPS at all, can record 1080p 60FPS, and is compatible with BeamNG. I used it yesterday, works like a charm.

3. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Oh yes, ShadowPlay is 650 and up. I thought it was 550 and up.

But Rivatuner hasn't been able to hook to BeamNG ever since the 64bit update came out. I looked it up and while it does support 64bit programs, it's a bit glitchy when dealing with them. Rivatuner hooks just fine to BeamNG 32bit though.

4. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the replies.
    At least its not just me then. I will stop trying to beat it into submission. I hope the problem gets resolved at some point though as it was the only screen recorder I have used that didn't kill my FPS.

Any recommendations for good free screen recorders? I have open broadcaster but I cant find a decent setting. It's either poor quality or super laggy. I cant find a happy medium.

Thanks once again guys.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice