Search system

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by HIderi, Sep 17, 2019.

1. HIderi

HIderi
    Expand Collapse

A search system in-game for vehicles would be cool
    idk what to say except it finds vehicles for you which in turn makes it more efficient
    it probably is a bad idea, idk but ima post this and let it play out

2. carnox7

carnox7
    Expand Collapse

So what do you mean, like a config search (like you type the name of the config you want to spawn in)? Or are you thinking of something else.

3. HIderi

HIderi
    Expand Collapse

yeah, the config

4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Like... Like the existing one?..

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

You mean the outdated one, where you can search for a specific config name without any sort of thumbnails or anything?

Or is there an actual search for vehicles feature I have missed?

6. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

What are you talking about? The current UI you can select a config the usual way, or type in the name you are looking for, which is what was asked for. If OP meant "an actual" search, then that should have been specified instead of asking for what we already have. Sure the UI doesn't have the greatest tools, but there's a new UI coming anyway.

If I want to drive a Barstow Awful I could set the filters to show cheap 1960/1970 coupes, or I could search for "Awful", or I could select Barstow then Awful. What's so difficult about those to use?

Are you asking for a "show configurations" checkbox while using the search function so that you can see individual thumbnails while searching by name? Because that's been in game for ages.

#6 ManfredE3, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

Have to admit, it has been a while since I was on BeamNG. Totally forgot about the filter you're talking about, but I do recall that now.
    Thanks for clearing it up :)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice