September 23rd end of the world....

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by CaptanW, Sep 23, 2017.

1. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Also there are two types of atheists one who just don't give a shit and the other use it as a to stroke their egos because "Atheists are smarter than Religious people because they don't believe in fairly tails" my ass they're smarter, a dipshit hillbilly probably know more about shit than those atheist but "He believe in the lord" yeah but guess what, he not the one who is paying one grand for a spare that was token off a 1987 Maxima that was seating outside for 18 years.

2. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

I mean, how do people know that god exists anyway. Until he falls from heaven onto earth, almost all atheists will convert to whatever religion.

3. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

This is a deep and well-thought-out statement.

Far too many people go through their lives with a worldview formed from a high-school science lesson that they were only half-paying attention to. A surprising number of people assert that the universe began randomly, but simply dodge the bigger question of where the energy and matter necessary for an event as massive and influential as the big bang. To be clearer, I'm not disputing that the Big Bang happened (as current observations tend to point in that direction), but viewing it as the beginning of matter and energy is an incredible fallacy.

Many will fall back on the notion that the material necessary for the Big Bang was leftover from the remains of a previous universe that suffered from a "Big Crunch". This is merely a dodge that shifts the origin of matter back to when the first universe came into existence. There is currently no way to account for the formation of the first universe. Some will argue that time is cyclical and that our universe will eventually come back into existence after it collapses. Excluding the fact that most scientists disagree with the theories involving infinite time (in particular the widely discredited Steady State Theory), this still does not account for where the immense amount of energy and materials necessary for the formation of this cycle would have come from.

In short, we, as a species, are not currently in possession of a scientific theory or set of theories that can explain more than 50% of the universe's origins. Anybody who assumes otherwise should probably devote some time and careful attention towards them - they might just find that their assertions are more belief than conclusion.

I'm probably rubbing up against the forum rules that are intended to prevent religious or political arguments on the forums. If anybody at all would like to converse further on this topic, I'd be glad to do it via PM.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

Simple answer. MAGIC SOLVES ALL

5. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

The world was supposed to end today? Oh...
    I guess I'll have to catch it next time ;)

6. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

So, it's the 24th and we are all still alive.. As I said it's a bunch of bullish!t. I still don't understand why you make a thread for it since it's obviously not a real threat to us, but that's another topic for later.

I also don't understand tho why people exactly give us false information all the time.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

The world didn't end. Now let's return to normal life and not worry about this anyone. Because it is all fake, and is a way to scare misinformed people.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Self aware, self questioning, emotionally driven life forms. WE...are the strangest things in the universe.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

How did we even start talking about religion? Woah, this thread just totally derailed.

11. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

How ironic...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

It is the 24th, my dudes.

13. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

Wao I'm not dead it's a miracle the aliens must have made a force field around the earth so that big niblurba thingy didn't hit us. Now they must b returning back to their home on Planet Xd to eat some cereal.

14. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

16. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

How do you know that we're not dreaming right now?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

^

18. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

My mind is blown...

19. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

*copies and pastes the entirety of Descartes Meditations*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice