1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Shattering glass

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Goose900, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Goose900

Goose900
    Expand Collapse

Will Glass shatter in BeamNG and leave a glass model on the ground (or wherever it lands), while have a possibility of bursting tires? I'm sure not all glass sticks together and not all shatters into tiny cube ish blocks, so I'm guessing larger pieces may burst tires?

I'm pretty sure this hasnt been asked, correct me if I am wrong though.
    Thanks for any answers :)

Edit- Possibly losing friction as well, from the glass shards being on the ground.
    This is more of an idea now rather than a question.. oops.

#1 Goose900, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  2. ThingThing62

ThingThing62
    Expand Collapse

That would be pretty cool to see implemented into the game, adding yet another piece of realism to this epic simulator. Good idea and I'm curious to see what the devs say about it. (I hope it is/will be implemented)

3. Goose900

Goose900
    Expand Collapse

Certainly hope its planned, or can be implemented, although it might be a bit too taxing on the CPU for what its worth.

4. luke198

luke198
    Expand Collapse

5. Firehound57

Firehound57
    Expand Collapse

I think what he means is shattering into pieces and separating. Well, no doubt I agree. That would be great! But due to the engine limits, and, well, how impossible it is without spending months on one car, and knowing you'll have to have a super computer that doesn't even exist. That's why they can't, but as far as I know, that do crack, have a shatter texture, and break out of the frame. But not into pieces.

6. Lawrs91

Lawrs91
    Expand Collapse

They don't need to be 3d models with accurate physics. It could just be particles that look like glass.

7. DanniBee

DanniBee
    Expand Collapse

I've wrote about this before, but surely as it would only take a simple particle effect to be emitted from where the forces against the smashing windows are this has probably already been considered. Perhaps there may even be a way to get the particles to lie on the road for a pre-determined time, many games do this but most clear the particles away within 5 seconds, as to how this could trigger tire punctures and other damage is beyond me, possibly as each particle represented by a node that will cause tire breakage if moved over.

8. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

If it was the front window, it could crack/shatter like in the video, but also fall off like any other part on the car(bumper, for example, seen them falling off), and for other windows, it would be nice seeing shattering glass, and particles are just fine, I have no idea what they thing about PhysX but it makes these kind of things look nice.

9. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

The pieces of glass wouldn't be big enough to puncture a tire because tempered glass ( the stuff in windows ) instead of shattering, almost explodes into very small pieces and laminated glass almost always stays in one or two pieces if and when it falls out.

10. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

Why bring back this thread? It's nearly a year dead. This is no longer an issue.

11. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

This thread is almost a year old. Why don't people understand? Look at the dates. But you do have a very good point there, so I guess it's okay this time.
    EDIT: I'm getting ninja'd a lot today.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice