Shorter Rumble Strip

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by f1proracer, Dec 10, 2017.

1. f1proracer

f1proracer
    Expand Collapse

Anyone know if there is a shorter version of this rumble strip floating around? rumble.png Its not very good for making tight corners and I cant shorten it myself without messing up the texture.

2. rocksim

rocksim
    Expand Collapse

The problem is that you cant get many rumblestrip models because the Hirochi Raceway ones are all one entity. Idk if the WCUSA ones are, it wouldn't surprise me if they were.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

I used that model as a start for my curbs in Grand Valley. It isn't a great asset really; lots of sharp 90+ degree edges that grab parts and puncture tire easily, its also directional so it eats cars when they drive over it against the rumbles. I ended up having to rework the model completely to eliminate collision problems.

To make it smaller would require some basic modeling and maybe UV mapping. I still have my reworked source parts from that project that could be cut to any length or radial bend.

#3 Ewanc, Dec 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice