Simple vehicle not showing in vehicle selector

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by richy6, Aug 2, 2019.

1. richy6

richy6
    Expand Collapse

So hello, I'm trying to get into modding in BeamNG. I found this resource by B25Mitchell here: https://wiki.beamng.com/Introduction_to_Vehicle_Creation. I've followed all the steps by creating a jbeam file for all the nodes and beams as well as a info.json file for the title and author's name. However, when I start BeamNG, I don't see it in my game. I'm quite stuck here as I've been trying to figure it out by changing the Jbeam file, renaming stuff. Nothing works. Anything is appreciated. Thanks.

(The original Jbeam file generated a new section under beams named "Collision Triangles". Since it was not added in the tutorial, I didn't add it in my jbeam file. Also, the folder is located at: "C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamNG.drive\content\vehicles\Cube". Cube001 is original generated file from Blender and Cube is the one in the game folder.)

Attached Files:

2. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

Hi , you should use your document folder to do this , it's usually : .. documents / BeamNG.drive / ,

the full path should be then documents / BeamNG.drive /mods /unpacked / Cube / vehicles / cube / Cube001.jbeam

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice