Released Skeleton Coast 1.301

Very large desert map with multiple towns, lots of stuff to explore & BeamNGs longest highway

  1. Murokmakto

    Murokmakto
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2023
    Messages:
    402
    #321 Murokmakto, Jul 31, 2026
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2026
    • Like Like x 10
  2. THom6502

    THom6502
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2022
    Messages:
    455
    Who ho, that was fast.
     
    #322 THom6502, Jul 31, 2026
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2026
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Space Shuttle Scam

    Space Shuttle Scam
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2024
    Messages:
    3
    The .zip says its invalid whenever i try to put the hotfixed version in my mods folder, anyway to fix that?
     
  4. M D Gourley

    M D Gourley
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2023
    Messages:
    1,075
    Most excellent of you
    ...very much appreciated.:D
     
  5. Egger

    Egger
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2022
    Messages:
    52
    Will the repo update have any additional changes (especially to the roads and AI paths)? I have customized the AI paths in the last version of the map so that the AI can drive a road train (yes I know it's not Australia ^^) from the Cargo Port to Springbok Transport in Otjovasando without issue (taking some corners very wide to not ram into anything with the trailers) xD

    I noticed in earlier updates that the AI paths or rather the names of the nodes (if that's what they're called) in the World Editor changed (probably because you added new roads). That is why I'm asking.
     
  6. M D Gourley

    M D Gourley
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2023
    Messages:
    1,075
    Found this on the Horseshoe Bay beach wave foam while cruizing around looking at the new 0.39 graphics...looks amazing though:D

    HORSESHOEBAYWaveFoamFAULT01-11web.jpg
     
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Murokmakto

    Murokmakto
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2023
    Messages:
    402
    Can´t really tell like this. It works for most people so the issue has to be on your side. Did you delete the old version and cleaned the cache?


    If you want to keep the changes you did to the map, they were stored in your beamngdirectory/levels folder. If you don´t do any changes to this then they should be visible in the updated map aswell (not sure about compatibility with the 0.39 version thouhg...)

    Ty is noted!
     
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Egger

    Egger
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2022
    Messages:
    52
    I had to selectively delete some of the subfolders from the "levels\skeleton_coast" folder, because just leaving all of the files and folders in it resulted in errors in-game (like missing meshes) - probably the things you repaired in your 0.39 hotfix. I left all the files that contain data that looks to me like roads-related. This way, the map works so far, but one thing I noticed is that the parked cars in Vogelsangbay are missing.

    So I guess I either deleted too much or too little (meaning there still is something left that breaks the parked cars). Do you, or for that matter, anyone know which files and subfolders to keep if I only want to preserve the changes to the AI paths?

    From the "levels\skeleton_coast" folder I deleted everything except the "main.decals.json" and the "main" subfolder. In the "main" subfolder I left the "items.level.json" and the "MissionGroup" subfolder, and in that folder I deleted everything except the subfolders "airoads", "mesroads", "Road Architect - Road 1", "Road Architect - Road 2", "Roads" and "vogelsangroad" with a "items.level.json" in all of them.

    Maybe this is too much to ask... but if someone knows...
     
  9. Space Shuttle Scam

    Space Shuttle Scam
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2024
    Messages:
    3
    I have fixed it! Thank you for replying though. Cleared my cache and im now playing the map in 0.39! :D
     
    #329 Space Shuttle Scam, Aug 5, 2026
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2026
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Murokmakto

    Murokmakto
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2023
    Messages:
    402

    Idk how well you know your way around the editor and the general file setup of a map, so I apologize if I explain something that you already know...

    Did you unpack the skeleton coast zip file?
    All the changes you do to a map are stored in Beamng.drive/current/levels/nameofthelevel. So if you saved your stuff, there should still be a "skeleton_coast" folder in your levels directory. This overrides anything of the zip file, aka the map you downloaded. Meaning.. in theory you should be good if you still have this file and play on the newest version of skeleton coast.

    Did you edit the existing ai roads or add your own ones?
    -if you edited the existing ones... they are stored in the Missiongroups/airoads folder. Its the only place where there are any ai roads, so its the only thing you need to change or touch. (parking spots are stored in the city.sites.json file)
    - if you added your own ones, they might conflict with the existing ones. You need to delete these in the editor.

    Hope that helps
     
  11. Egger

    Egger
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2022
    Messages:
    52
    Thanks for the explaination! Yes, I just edited the AI roads and didn't add any (maybe I also deleted some short ones, but I tend to just set them to "hidden" if I don't want the AI to use them). After saving the changes in the editor, the "skeleton_coast" folder appears in the "levels" folder. Now, after the 0.39 hotfix, I selectively deleted everything from that folder that didn't look like it's connected to AI roads (based on the data in the files with keywords I know from the Editor like "DecalRoad", "airoads", "drivability", "improvedSpline" and so on).

    I now deleted every file in the folders "skeleton_coast", "main" and "MissionGroup" and only left the files ("item.level.json") in the subfolders "airoads", "mesroads", "Road Architect - Road 1", "Road Architect - Road 2", "Roads" and "vogelsangroad". Now the parked cars are there again and my modified AI roads are also still there. ;)
     
    • Like Like x 1
  12. issachodge788

    issachodge788
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2024
    Messages:
    50
    for some reason i cant download the fixed version for 0.39
     
  13. unrenowned

    unrenowned
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2023
    Messages:
    2
    says the file was put into owners trash we need that repo version rn bro
     
  14. Casper2068

    Casper2068
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2025
    Messages:
    2
    Hey, the Google Drive link for the 0.39 hotfix is no longer working (it says the file is in the owner’s trash). Does anyone still have that hotfix zip and would be willing to share it? I’d really appreciate it. It really is my favorite map. I just love to get on the highway and go for a drive without having to worry about the road ending in 2 minutes. it just really gives me that feeling like I'm actually going somewhere. Thanks!
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. DIng Dong My True Love

    DIng Dong My True Love
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2026
    Messages:
    1
    indeed would be nice if the link is fixed up, or if someone did share what they downloaded.
     
  16. Murokmakto

    Murokmakto
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2023
    Messages:
    402
    Hey everybody, link was removed because the updated repo version is already awaiting approval. It should be ready to download within the next days. Check your notifications and this thread to know when its there. This version will be better polished and with some new stuff compared to the quick hotfix!
     
    • Like Like x 7
  17. M D Gourley

    M D Gourley
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2023
    Messages:
    1,075
    Sounds awesome my friend, looking forward to it.:D
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. abrarsl

    abrarsl
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2024
    Messages:
    53
    Excellent news. But is there a forum download also available for this? I don't think Beam devs approve mods on the weekend and by Monday I'll be too busy to play it :(
     
    • Like Like x 1
  19. TexDiogenes

    TexDiogenes
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2023
    Messages:
    40
    I second this!
     
  20. theunknownizzlefoshizzle

    theunknownizzlefoshizzle
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2026
    Messages:
    2
    Anybody else's traffic only spawning crown vics?
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice