1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Slow Motion hotkeys / controls no longer work [Solved]

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Sethioz, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Sethioz

Sethioz
    Expand Collapse

Hey, Yesterday i just activated the steam key and downloaded the steam version, i noticed a lot of cool changes, but there's a problem with the slow motion, it no longer works as it did before, is there a way to change those hotkeys and map them as they were?
    Sorry if it's been answered somewhere, but i couldn't find anything about this. on Wiki there are still old button combinations, it goes to like 1000x slower, but i can't get it back to real time with the key combination which used to be ALT+UP ARROW.

I KNOW i can use the interface, but i want to be able to quick-switch between the slow/fast motion with a combination of buttons.

EDIT: Solved
    They've changed the way game handles the realtime, Realtime is no longer 100, it is 1, so 100 slows it down. To fix this, i opened the keyboard.inputmap.cs file located in BeamNG/scripts/client/inputmaps/ and scrolled down to the place:

%mm.bindVLuaCmd(keyboard, "alt left", "bullettime.set('-20')", "");
    %mm.bindVLuaCmd(keyboard, "alt right", "bullettime.set('+20')", "");
    %mm.bindVLuaCmd(keyboard, "alt up", "bullettime.set(1)", "");
    %mm.bindVLuaCmd(keyboard, "alt down", "bullettime.set(10)", "");

and changed "alt up" from 100 to 1, this sets it back to realtime, just like i wanted.
    so anyone who has problems with this, you can edit it in that file.

#1 Sethioz, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice