1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Slowly pulsing steering left/right mid drift

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Brother_Dave, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Trying to determine if its my 20 yr old ffb wheel thats the culrpit of if its a beamng ffb thing OR if its a chassis tuning thing.

Whenever i go for a nice afternoon drift sess in Beamng i find myself always battling keeping the wheel at a certain angle. Its like the ffb is pulsating causing me to countersteer myself, ive tried all kinds of smoothing and strength levels, ive reinstalled and calibrated my wheel a ton of times but i seem to never be able to kep a steady drift, the wheel is always slightly jerking left/right either by me or by the ffb. Ive tried every possible tuning setting there is, raised the tire pressure so that its not the tire sides flexing, the springs and dampers at their highest and the sway bars, ive took measure to raise the FPS as high as possible and so on too but its still there which leads me to think its either the wheel or a Beamng thing.

Now, the wheel is old but before i go out shopping for a new one id like to hear if anyone else is having these issues.

Might add that i dont have the same issue in other games but its like a dampening force/self inertia isnt there when its getting low ffb values.

I dont know how better to explain it :confused:

2. trm7

trm7
    Expand Collapse

what wheel are you using?

3. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

An ancient MS Sidewinder. Generated my own correction curve and that sorted alot but it probably worn. Looking at getting a G29 atm but 900 degrees is a bit much when drifting around so i would prefer obe with somewhere around 720.

4. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Hey remember this ▼ thread ?

https://www.beamng.com/threads/ffb-core-file-s.62244/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice