Small YouTubers Need Help (BeamNG YouTubers)

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by HockeySnipe16, Aug 6, 2015.

?

Who Are You Subscribing to?

Poll closed Aug 16, 2015.
  1. HockeySnipe16 (Me)

8.8%
  2. Megablasy

5.9%
  3. clayton8or_2

5.9%
  4. On Board

5.9%
  5. No one :(

91.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

is dun pls be like "DANIEL_J, HE AINT NO GAY"

2. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

I know you don't agree with me here, but my honest opinion is that these "Crashes and fails" montages are all very similar and not something that I would enjoy watching 125 different videos of. There are many other ways to make "original" montages that you're not using.

Just my opinion. Sorry if you don't agree.

3. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

i got bored of BeamNG crash videos after the original mountain roll video by BeamNG, nadeox had me hooked for one video though.
    All too boring.

4. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

I understand guys but you're missing the bigger picture. Whatever, if you guys are not going to support this post then just go to some different post and talk about the weather or something. Obviously you guys are not the people I was hoping would see this. Anyways, thanks for the feedback but I think I'm going to keep things the way that is working best right now. Buh bye :)

5. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

Bye. :)

Good luck with whatever you do. Let's end this thread on a civil and positive note.

6. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

There's no need to be passive aggressive. You asked why, we answered. Your videos are fine but you keep dissing yourself, I don't know why. Three of use have answered that we simply don't like crash montages, it's nothing personal.

We've been at BeamNG a lot longer than you have, and after a while crashing DOES get old. That's why we're saying do something original. Remember, you asked US; therefore, we're going to tell you how to make better videos IN OUR OPINION.

Good luck anyway, ;)

7. Whippy

Whippy
    Expand Collapse

Mate I understand you, I've been agreeeing with you! But you can't pretend that views and subs don't matter, because they do, on a large scale, but some people think about it too much.

Also, I like this thread, pls don't die :(

8. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I understand. But the point of this game is to crash cars if it got boring... whatever, thanks for the feedback have fun with whatever you guys do in your spare time! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks lol :)

Also, views and subs are there just to either make you feel bad or make you feel good depending on how you look at it. Yes, views and subs are great and they matter in the end but while you're still small you have to look at who likes your videos and how to you make them happier. I do agree though!

9. Whippy

Whippy
    Expand Collapse

Views and subs matter depending on how you look at it, if you're trying to grow a community, they do matter, but don't stress about the number of views and subs you get. I try to think like a viewer, what does the viewer care about? the video! what does the viewer not care about? the amout of subs and views you get! so focus on the video and you'll be fine, trust me, if I can do it, you can!

10. Stiggy111

Stiggy111
    Expand Collapse

11. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

IMO if you're just now starting a gaming channel on YouTube in the hopes of fame, you're a day late and a dollar short. There's just far too much competition. Unless your channel really has something unique about it, you're probably not going anywhere.
    You shouldn't really care whether or not people watch your videos if you're doing it for your own enjoyment.

12. Insanegaz

Insanegaz
    Expand Collapse

I have been doing YouTube for nearly 9 years crashing and smashing things and for the first 5 years I hardly got any views or subscribers but I kept going because it's what I enjoy doing creating videos,
    If you want views and subs don't beg it's a pointless waste of time I never did and don't do it on YouTube because you will be classed as a spammer if you ask other YouTubers to check out my channel or check out my video or please subscribe to my channel will make it even harder for you to get anywhere.
    Think of YouTube as somewhere to post your work and not somewhere to get famous or what ever your goal is.

Things that can make your videos get popular,

Don't sit at your desk for hours on end as this will lead to bad health trust me I know,
    Upload good quality content at least 5 days a week for new YouTubers,
    Upload in the evening around 3pm to 8pm US time
    Use good thumbnails that represent the actual video no tit's, Ass, or anything that doesn't belong as this will get you a community strike plus viewers hate this,
    Use titles that represent the video,
    If using music make sure you have the permissions to use it or it might get taken down and your work would of been for nothing,
    If using music use what you like not what others like because you will never please everyone,
    If commentating don't swear because this will put you on age restriction and get you way less views,
    Keep videos under 10 minutes long if not commentating because the longer someone watches your video the more engagement the video gets and that = YouTube placing it higher in the search (Bigger you get the higher this becomes)
    Don't use other YouTuber tags in your videos because you can get a community strike for it,
    Don't use excessive tags again this can get you a community strike,
    Don't watch other YouTubers videos for ideas use your own less chance of being accused of copying,
    Don't get mad at comments although gets harder as you get bigger,
    Do replay to comments when possible keeps people engaged on your video although YouTube makes this more difficult lately,
    Do share your videos via social networks just don't ask people to watch it and don't spam share,
    If using mods add links to the place you got it,
    Link your YouTube to Facebook, Twitter or any other social places you may use and let people know what your up to with videos etc,
    Last but not least just enjoy making videos and get on with your life you won't become famous any time soon and even if you do don't expect it to be amazing.

I'm sure there are things I missed but there you go,

13. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I never expected anything out of YouTube in the first place, I almost don't want to get popular. The reason I made this post was really for other YouTubers. Thanks for the post though

14. DevKryton

DevKryton
    Expand Collapse

If you want to get bigger maybe come up with something creative that hasn't been overused. If you do only videos about things that already tons of bigger channels cover you are not going to get far since people have absolutely no reason to subscribe to you.

@Edit: Specially if you copy others...

#54 DevKryton, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  15. CryDev

CryDev
    Expand Collapse

I remember when i got only 5 or max 100 views in 1 month but i was still creating videos because i had allot of fun in editing and recording.

16. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

Aside from the above, some advice I may provide is:
    • Remember the basics. No long intros or clickbait images. Make the title and tags fitting to the video. Try to avoid the temptation to play an interesting sequence in ~60x slow-mo when 10x will do. Post videos regularly, and reply to a few comments here or there.
    • Sometimes less is more. People think they like lots of content, but attention spans are short these days. The sheer popularity of vines showed how sometimes a simple, curt, and to-the-point video can do as much as or more than a long and elaborate one. Not that I recommend making vines (BeamNG already has those), but try to shoot for five-ish minutes, perhaps even fewer, and use the time saved making longer videos on making them more interesting, better edited, and better choreographed in-game [Also, montage-styled videos showcasing specific cars or maps should be even shorter, probably fewer than two minutes. Just enough to pique audience interest in the subject, not enough to show them everything the car/map has to provide].
    • Be diverse. By using all the tools at your disposal, you can make your videos and channel more unpredictable. Use cars that you don't use much, try out a broad range of mods, and play with odd ideas to keep the audience on their toes. You just did a video for racing fails? Do one for offroading fails. Police chase fails? Hauling fails. And don't just make one kind of video. Do montages, but break those up with some intermittent gameplay-styled videos (no, BeamNG is not purely a game about crashing). See if you can haul a haybale with a pigeon. Or try some stunts on for size. How far can you get on a liter of fuel? In fact, you could even try out other games to keep your content away from stagnation.
    • Commentary(?). This is a bit of a crapshoot. Commentary is really only preferable in gameplay-styled videos, requires a conversational attitude, an okay-good mic, and usually doesn't work too well for prepubescents. If done well, though, it can grant the video a grain of humor and give the channel much more of a personality.
    • Try making something. One of the more unusually outstanding but unique gimmicks used by any BeamNG Youtuber was Crash Hard 0.1's custom-made maps, whose perhaps excessive brown haze helped define the look of the uploader's many videos. This is, of course, tangential to the objective, but anything unique will draw people in.
    I'm not a Youtuber, and have never owned an account. The above is purely my opinion, and may not necessarily reflect what it may take to get subscribers.

17. Whippy

Whippy
    Expand Collapse

THANK YOU FOR STATING THIS!!!!!!

18. MetalMilitia623

MetalMilitia623
    Expand Collapse

My thoughts on this are if I want to crash or see crashes I'm just going to load this game up and play for myself. If you are going to spend time making beam videos I'd think it'd be better to actually try to make a proper scene with some sort of actual movie feel to it. I do understand the difficulties in that with how you would have to put the camera where you want and then try to drive from that camera instead of in relation to the vehicle. I think something like this even with no dialog could be much more engaging than just a bunch of crash videos.

19. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

This thread is going nowhere can someone please end it?

20. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

It's not going nowhere... people are responding with advice towards what the title says - any small youtubers.

It'll die when people don't want to post here. For now it's genuinely useful for other youtubers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice