Small YouTubers Need Help (BeamNG YouTubers)

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by HockeySnipe16, Aug 6, 2015.

?

Who Are You Subscribing to?

Poll closed Aug 16, 2015.
  1. HockeySnipe16 (Me)

8.8%
  2. Megablasy

5.9%
  3. clayton8or_2

5.9%
  4. On Board

5.9%
  5. No one :(

91.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Whippy

Whippy
    Expand Collapse

Exactly! Like this useful information that I'm going to post here that I forgot to before.

Anyone can upload crash videos, even I can, but the thing is... what makes your video better than the other crash video's out there? What would the viewer get from watching your video's that they couldn't get from watching someone elses?

Add character to your videos, personalize it! Go and look at my "100 subscriber special video!" it has one thing that most people's video's dont. Laughing! if everyone is laughing then most likely the viewer will be laughing! The first clip is a good example, when the chopper gets knocked off platform and goes into the water, everyone is laughing and I'm raging, and I do this wtih every other clip, if you keep watching, you'll see that I've flipped my car in SpinTires, do you notice who's laughing? everyone! (Note that I'm only really good with funny montages since I like to make people laugh, I hate let's plays, but I don't mind things like a crash montage or a CS:GO montage.)

Some more tips with YouTube.
    Only upload content that you enjoy watching, if you are enjoying it, then maybe other people are enjoying it, is everyone going to like it? Nope, but will some people? Yeah!
    If you're not having fun playing the game, no one will have fun watching the game.
    You have 5 seconds to grab the viewers attention, put the best part of the video in first (Look at my "Lag in CS:GO is an absolute bitch" for a small example)
    Don't pay attention to the view's, instead, pay attention to the likes and dislikes of the video's, you get a "view" if someone just clicks on the video, they can leave without the video even loading, you can have 1,000,000 views, but 5 likes and 2 dislikes, that show's how many people are engaged in your video's and shows what people like to watch and what people don't like to watch.
    Posting on Reddit, posting your video to Reddit can generate lots of views, look at my latest DayZ video, I posted it to the DayZ reddit forum and now over 200 people have watched it, and with 9 likes and 5 dislikes, I can tell that the 9 likes was for the amazing stunt and the 5 dislikes was because of the laggy video and poor editing. (sadly, someone thought the event was SCRIPTED. (FacePalm)) But don't post your Let's Play videos on Reddit, no one will care to watch it, also note that some sub reddits don't allow video posting, like r/GlobalOffensive (Which used to) and r/GrandTheftAuto but if you want to post it somewhere, you can post it to r/Games but don't expect a lot of views to come from there.

That's all I can think of right now, sorry for the wall of text, YouTube is love... YouTube is life... YouTube is Banter.

2. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

WARNING: HOSTILITY ALERT (I apparently have to do that when I write a hostile post now. Otherwise people hate me. If you don't already)

If you guys took the time to look at my channel you would notice that I'm actually doing pretty good right now. I have been gaining subs, likes, and comments (Good comments) like crazy ever since I started up my BeamNG montages. My channel is doing well and I'm going to keep doing what I do best... montages.

Also, if you guys have looked at my channel, I have original series' for BeamNG. Such as: The Unsurvivable and Map Montages. I have not seen those on any other channels. (The Unsurvivable was INSPIRED by Insanegaz. NOT COPIED!!!!!) There are also more to come I just have to find time to brainstorm ideas. So, next person who says I need to be original is gonna get it... What you may ask? I HAVE NO FREAKIN' CLUE!!!

So, I think that's all I've got to say. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Now let the hate roll in!

3. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

A few of these look like they were directed at me sooo I never copied from Kryton, as i said in my first description i took inspiration from him since hes a fricken master, I may not have the most divese content (only 2 videos) but i need ideas for different videos...

My opinion on this post.. GREAT your channel is doing well. now would you please stop advertising, i know your trying to help a few people but partly cause i dont want negative attention and i see this from other peoples point of view it seems kinda annoyong with the whole advertising thing...

4. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

EXACTLY, it seems that they are accusing us of copying others' content when we take INSPIRATION (HEAR THAT MOM, I FOUND SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT INSPIRATION MEANS!!!) from other YouTubers. We in no way, shape, or form, copy content form other YouTubers.

Trust me... I'm done "helping" people out with ANYTHING related to YouTube on this site.

5. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

By the way Congratz on getting your beamng badge it took you long enough lol

6. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

You also need to come up with your own ideas for videos so don't say that you need ideas. I'm pretty sure you can keep that to yourself. Now, I've had (yet another. It seems like it's becoming a regular thing!) bad day and I just for once want to be left alone so EVERYONE, please just stop posting on this thread so it can be taken down because it IS going nowhere for 3 reasons:

1. Everyone is say the EXACT same thing just in different words.
    2. I GET IT KNOW, YOU DON'T LIKE MY CONTENT!
    3. It's getting boring now, it was fun the first 2 days having everyone hate on me for trying to help someone. I mean, is it a crime to so the right thing? Don't you DARE even TRY to say that it isn't right...

I have been doing YouTube for a while now and if something works... it works. I used to do commentaries on Plants vs. Zombies (DON'T WATCH) when I first started YouTube. Then, since 90% of my views were just me clicking in and out of the video over and over and I wasn't having fun with it, I decided to move on to something else. I have been searching FOREVER to find the right thing for me. Now I found it and it's "not original."

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks mate! The Support Team works wonders! :D

7. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

I meant i want to make videos people would like, i need ideas as in what the viewers (if any) would like.

8. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

Oh okay, viewers (like me that is) like crashes and fails. Not to be "non original" or anything but I just got this game and Crashes And Fails is what really appeals to me. Now now, hold up a minute, why would you EVER do something that people are bored of? Because there are more than one place to find your target audience other than the forums. So, whats the point of this? Well, it's to tell you that there is still hope for new YouTubers with "ORIGINAL" content like us. Together small YouTubers will turn into big YouTubers and potentially make a living off of it.

On another note, ARE WE DONE HERE YET?!?

9. Car crusher

Car crusher
    Expand Collapse

Hey just wanted to share a beamNG montage. Worked hard on it (please ignore the crap settings, the video is smooth because I sped it up).

#69 Car crusher, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  10. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

It looks pretty good! Just a few pointers though:

1. Don't spend so long showing off the cars. It gets annoying after a while.

2.The music is annoying IMO.

3. Some of the camera angles were kinda bad. I know it's hard to predict where the car will go. Still, they need to improve.

4. The black screen build up thing is too long. 1-2 seconds should do the trick.

5. Quality. As you said to ignore :p

6. You don't need to show off all of the base cars that have been in the game forever. Other montage makers have already shown them off.

7. Maybe use some modded vehicles. Yes, I know you it's a lot of work to link them all but a little trick to save some time is to say "For any of the mods I used in this video, just ask in the comments." That way, you're not stuck listing all of the vehicles that people are never going to want. This will also build up some friendships in the comments.

Don't take this criticism too harshly. This is just my honest opinion. I'm also not saying your montages are bad. They are good, but every montage can get better, mine, yours, heck, even Kryton or Insangaz!

Keep up the hard work :)

11. nvidiategra45

nvidiategra45
    Expand Collapse

My first beamng video.
    i hope you like :)

12. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

This thread kind of died like 2 months ago, your shouldn't post of it because it is called bumping and people don't like bumped threads.

13. Cloudtv

Cloudtv
    Expand Collapse

Please review it and help me to do better!

14. amellish

amellish
    Expand Collapse

i make a vid too, but i only got bad laptop, watch it sometime?

15. ryder2341

ryder2341
    Expand Collapse

I would really appreciate some kind of support if it isn't too much trouble. I want to do more videos like this but I'm not sure if people desire to see this kind of content or not.

• Like Like x 1
  16. amellish

amellish
    Expand Collapse

id definetly watch this its good

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mitki4a

Mitki4a
    Expand Collapse

That Pessima is trying really hard to become my favorite car so far :D

18. nobadesuuchan

nobadesuuchan
    Expand Collapse

good job

19. nobadesuuchan

nobadesuuchan
    Expand Collapse

I'd take advice from a youtuber with 97 subs

20. nobadesuuchan

nobadesuuchan
    Expand Collapse

good video but be sure to press ctrl + u before recording

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice