Snowmobile mod?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Crash all day, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Crash all day

Crash all day
    Expand Collapse

We have almost everything except a snowmobile for Beamng Drive, It would be awesome! I can't be the only one here hoping for a snowmobile soon for the snowy maps. multiple sleds, like vintage, race, trail, deep snow mountain, different engines, pipe set ups, clutches, carburetors, tracks, skis and more!

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Tyrone_FTW

Tyrone_FTW
    Expand Collapse

Does sound really awesome! I do however think the Jbeam and such would be really annoying to make. Hopefully someone with talent reads this thread and actually makes one!

3. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

You could probably make a decent track setup using sliders like that one tank mod did.

If this goes anywhere I want a Phazer.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Littleturdlet

Littleturdlet
    Expand Collapse

I was working on one a while ago, I gave up because it was hard to get it to drive properly. It would go really slow, probably because it was too light, but making it a lot heavier would be unrealistic. I haven't been able to work on much recently due to school and medical issues. I thank darren9 and mrcrash for helping me with this mod.
    entrancerpic.png entrancerjbeam.png

#4 Littleturdlet, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 10
  5. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

Is that based off an Enticer?

6. Littleturdlet

Littleturdlet
    Expand Collapse

Yup, it's called the hirochi entrancer.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Crash all day

Crash all day
    Expand Collapse

DUDE!!!!!!! AWESOME! 1977-83 Yamaha Enticer! Please try to make more progress on this!!!!!!

8. adamthebossss

adamthebossss
    Expand Collapse

THATS WHAT LARRY ENTICER DROVE THE YAMAHA ENTICER NO NEED TO E PICKY OF RUDE UT I WOULD OF DONE A 1968 SKI DOO BLACK DOT

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

YES MY SONNY BOY I GET RIGHT TO THAT YES

They probably used the Enticer because it is a lot more easy to model with its square shape instead of the more round TNT you are talking about.

10. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

Turn your Caps Lock off please. No need to be yelling.o_O

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. adamthebossss

adamthebossss
    Expand Collapse

i mean a 1970 Olympic or TNT one somewhat like this
    --- Post updated ---
    whoops left caps lock on sorry
    --- Post updated ---
    yeah it was propaly just easier
    --- Post updated ---
    to do an et340

Attached Files:

• upload_2018-10-20_21-47-44.jpeg
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Littleturdlet

Littleturdlet
    Expand Collapse

That snowmobile actually looks easier to model than an enticer. I just chose the enticer because of Larry Enticer.

• Like Like x 1
  13. adamthebossss

adamthebossss
    Expand Collapse

i dont want to rush or anything but you should just upload it and say its not perfect yet

14. Littleturdlet

Littleturdlet
    Expand Collapse

There's no point, no one will want it in the state it's in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. adamthebossss

adamthebossss
    Expand Collapse

oh its that bad right now
    --- Post updated ---
    i didnt know it was that ad i thought the only thing was it went slow

16. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Is the issue grip, too much friction of skis or nodes binding up?

I would think that snowmobile would work only in mud and maybe not so great there either as snowmobile relies to surface shaping under it to move and turn.

Fake snowmobile might work, it would need to use wheels, but still, issue is bit similar as motorcycle as thing might like to tip over, snowmobiles are operated also with weight shifting, not just steering, so that is something making additional challenges, I would guess.

There can be of course even more challenges that are not so apparent until one actually attempts to build one.

17. Littleturdlet

Littleturdlet
    Expand Collapse

I think if I make the skis a different material they should be find, it's the track, it can't move fast enough. I might have to re jbeam that with more nodes so it will move more smoothly.

18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

That might also be limitation of collision detection, as you know when crashing enough fast you end up kinda overlapping nodes and coltris, maybe similar happens with slidenodes, all tracked vehicles have suffered from some form of getting stuck etc.

Hopefully you can find way to make it run faster, there is at least one map with white mud, which might be fun to get stuck at. Those who have taken sporty snowmobile to fresh snow knows about that 'sport' :p

19. adamthebossss

adamthebossss
    Expand Collapse

I spent all day today putting another 440 TNT engine in my 440 TNT and working on getting it ready for the season I just gotta clean the carb then find out if there is spark (i hope there is) then it should run

20. Crash all day

Crash all day
    Expand Collapse

"68 T'NT 600! Very rare indeed! Ski-Doo factory team riders got a few during the 68 season but sadly Ski-Doo destroyed a lot of them because they didn't want anyone else to get their hands on them! I've had a "70 Olympic 335 single and man what a fun sled those old bubble nose olympics are! I have a "80 Blizzard 9500 with a Rotax 454 LC and man when I tell ya she's a riot, she is!!!!!!! I grew up on a "80 Citatation SS with a Rotax 377 with dual Mikuni VM-30 carburetors, that was a ridiculously quick little snowmobile! I might be buying a 1979 Moto Ski Super Sonic RV chassis soon! Same thing as a "79 Blizzard 7500 Plus but Moto Ski's version.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice