WIP Beta released So-Cal Interstate Highway (126 miles of road & path) 0.8

Deprecated - Will conflict with los injurus. Do not use please.

1. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

bob.blunderton submitted a new resource:

So-Cal Interstate Highway (115 miles of road & path) - 42.4 miles of expressway, 63+ miles of surface road & 12 miles of jeeping trail.

Read more about this resource...

2. TelemaX®

TelemaX®
    Expand Collapse

Do you plan on adding any gantries? I could provide you with some realistic (MUTCD compliant) signs

3. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

If you would like to contribute, please feel free, I could definitely add things. You will be credited for any resources used both on the forums/mod resource page(s), and on the level info in the map itself.
    Anything that goes into a map, like signs, buildings, trees, you name it; if you have it I could use it (provided it does not break copyright belonging to another corporation - e.g. another game's assets).
    As long as they are realistic and look the part, and don't cause errors and such in the console, it'll be awesome and I will gladly add it in.
    *also, to note, I would like to use them if possible in other maps I make, again credit will be given properly.

4. coreyeyre

coreyeyre
    Expand Collapse

This map is very well done and visually stunning. I especially love the off road cliff trails .

5. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

I mean, I wasn't lying:

screenshot_00029.png screenshot_00030.png screenshot_00031.png

• Like Like x 3
  6. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Those were put in just for fun on (2) roads that are somewhat near each other. Sure, it's not entirely real, but this is a car-crash simulator. Why not have some fun with those and try and jump them. You can make most of them going the right speed. I wasn't going to leave them in originally, but quite a number of close contacts told me to 'leave them', that's why there's a bypass road on some of them. I tried them myself immediately after making them, and they were a hoot. These two roads are located on the same side of the map - central-west side I believe.
    Some city blocks in California have been measured at 30+ % grade.
    You should really try out the Tennessee map if you haven't, If you want 100% realism (it's in pre-beta on the forum). So-Cal is merely a highway-themed map and doesn't do a real road mock-up. There will most likely be three (3) Tennessee maps or atleast two (2).

7. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

They are fun to jump over at 15MPH :p . Don't take it too hard, I was just pointing it out.

I will definitely check out Tennessee when I can :)

8. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Alright, that's cool, I am not offended. These forums were meant for feedback on things like this. You make maps yourself, including desert maps - so your feedback is VALUED, even if at times it's quite critical. I am actually re-starting some improvements to this map (So-Cal) whilst I take a much-needed break from editing the Tennessee map. The new editor features that landed right in the last week or so of So-Cal development, were mostly missing during the dev-time when I built the road network. Now I can really do this like I originally envisioned. If you enjoy Tennessee (namely cruising on the smooth highways with long sweeping banked turns), you'll enjoy the So-Cal improvements I am putting in. However I will make quite sure not to kill the FPS. Tennessee really needs a beefcake PC to run nicely, this one won't, now or later. This map will stay low-detail until I am happy with where it's at, then I will add buildings and stuffs like that. No trees on this one, not until I see they add redwoods to this game :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

You're the best, Bob!

I need to get back to updating my maps too..

10. Mr. Twiglesworth

Mr. Twiglesworth
    Expand Collapse

I keep getting this error Failed to create recource (is the file missing?):
    levels/Industrial/art/shapes/rocks/coastrock_dark_c.dae

11. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

You have an error with the base game, or a mod, this isn't my error (99% sure). It's not in my console on this end, nor does a Is this file missing dialog pop up in any way. If you have this on Steam, verify game cache (checks local files), or remove other mods you've added since you got the error.

12. Mr. Twiglesworth

Mr. Twiglesworth
    Expand Collapse

i Fixed it

13. adamdeboss

adamdeboss
    Expand Collapse

is this the i 5?
    if so i was just on it

14. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Well, this doesn't include any real roads, though it is real terrain from USGS. The roads are somewhat setup to mimic something in Southern /Middle-California. It's just supposed to be a fun map with lots of cliffs to fall off of :) The Version-7 textures saw significant improvement and many roads were re-banked, etc.

15. adamdeboss

adamdeboss
    Expand Collapse

ok thank you ;)

16. Swordfish

Swordfish
    Expand Collapse

Hello, I downloaded this map. It usually takes 10=15 seconds for a map to load, but this one, even after 10 minutes, still hangs on the loading screen, and makes the entire computer hang (i7 quad-core with HT, 3.4ghz and 8 gigs ram).

Suggestions to make this work for me?

17. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

This is working for all who tried.
    If you've downloaded version 6, version 7 is available in this same thread under FORUMS/levels (look for So-Cal, scan the last 2~3 pages of that thread, version 7 is hosted on mega.nz because my connection sucks really bad for this site and fails @ uploading).
    If you tried version 7, check version 6, or vice-versa. They're known to both work.
    First, make sure you have a non-corrupted ZIP file. (download again, scanning pc for viruses helps, too).
    Is your hard disk light stuck ON? Do you have atleast 4gb's of ram FREE? If the light is on, and stays on, you may have not enough ram free, checking your disk for errors (see next line).
    (goto run > cmd > when CMD app comes up as possible hit in search, right click run-as-admin, yes to prompt that pops up, type "chkdsk /f" and close down your apps and restart the pc. It may restart twice if it finds an error before loading Windows).
    Set your video TEXTURE detail to MEDIUM 1st if you have a 2GB video card or less, as this uses lots of high-def (2k and 4k) textures in version 7. Version 6, much less so.

Like I say always, get back to me if you still can't get it to work. It works here and it works for many others, no reason you should be left out in the cold.

18. Swordfish

Swordfish
    Expand Collapse

Turns out RC6 was the issue. Installed RC7, and it works great!! Nice map, I love the mileage you can do there!

19. death cheetah

death cheetah
    Expand Collapse

20. Alien Researcher: Dumpy

Alien Researcher: Dumpy
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice