WIP Beta released So-Cal Interstate Highway ver 8 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by bob.blunderton, Apr 25, 2016.

?

What's your favorite part about BeamNG.Drive freeway driving (select up to 3)?

Poll closed May 17, 2016.
  1. The flat, open straight-aways for maximum speed.

56.3%
  2. The winding corners to challenge driving skill.

32.3%
  3. The interchanges, intersections, and other junctions.

54.5%
  4. The cliffs to fall off of at high speed to bash the car's fluffy-stuff out.

22.2%
  5. The ability to use this for police pursuits, vehicle takedowns, and other AI-related things.

56.3%
  6. Missions that make use of the highway and highway driving.

15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HR28QT

HR28QT
    Expand Collapse

Tip: Not everyone is smart enough to realise the download link thats really big and bold with a ton of arrows pointing at it, so you should edit the main post to have a link.

2. TripleAye

TripleAye
    Expand Collapse

Infinitely loads for me :/ stuck at 99% data blocks.

3. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

same here. i have left it sitting for quite a while. i tried installing to documents/beamng.drive/levels and to /mods. neither would load past the 99% datablocks

4. coolman123456

coolman123456
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

it is not working because it just sits there at 99 datablocks please fix it

5. Sierra-3

Sierra-3
    Expand Collapse

It is very much working because it loads and runs fine for me.

I haven't noticed any actual bugs so far. Some of the roads feel a bit rough but then again, 150 isn't really what the recommended speed is. :D
    I did notice that, despite the relative bumpiness of those few stretches (curves, mostly), they don't push the suspensions to full compression. It's still rough, obviously but it's a blast. Some definite Wile. E. Coyote moments to be had.

6. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Something must have been corrupted with the download, or there is not enough ram on the host system (doubtful). Pull down your console and see what it says when it gets stuck, screenshot is useful.
    --- Post updated ---
    A yes, the Wile. E. Coyote moments are a hoot, I had quite a few myself actually, more than a few. There's definitely a few spots that could toss your car around a bit (or more than a bit) if you do 80~100mph or more. I am sure in time I will get some of these ironed out a bit, but for now, they do add a bit of challenge and add to the skill. You wouldn't have wanted to see some of these spots before I smoothed them out :) They were way bad, now they're passable, mostly just limited to a few of the back-roads though. What it boils down to, is that there is a little something for everyone here. There's the challenging spots that'll send you off course if you're not careful, there's other spots in contrast that'll allow you to go 200mph+ and still maintain control (to the point where the car will get light in the front, then it's over) on smooth straight-away. There's also every bit in between. The poll proved extremely helpful, and as such the map was customized to suit the popular poll options while it was built.

Glad y'all are enjoying the map, I am taking a few days off of this editing. I'll be around, so questions, comments etc, let me know.

7. The Designated Driver

The Designated Driver
    Expand Collapse

Just a tip from someone who's been on the So Cal interstate quite a few times;

The color is a bit more brown than the gray the map currently portrays. Currently the map looks bland and doesn't look like So Cal. The textures are fine, they just need some color pallet tweaking.

8. coolman123456

coolman123456
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

here you go

Attached Files:

• Capture.PNG
  9. Specht77

Specht77
    Expand Collapse

I also can't play on this track, Stuck at 99% datablocks

Here it's the console while it's stuck at 99%

10. nobadesuuchan

nobadesuuchan
    Expand Collapse

does it have skid lag :p

11. Latios Jeff

Latios Jeff
    Expand Collapse

I found this one little spot with orange missing textures.

20160513171416_1.jpg

12. coolman123456

coolman123456
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

13. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

A yes, the Wile. E. Coyote moments are a hoot, I had quite a few myself actually, more than a few. There's definitely a few spots that could toss your car around a bit (or more than a bit) if you do 80~100mph or more. I am sure in time I will get some of these ironed out a bit, but for now, they do add a bit of challenge and add to the skill. You wouldn't have wanted to see some of these spots before I smoothed them out :) They were way bad, now they're passable, mostly just limited to a few of the back-roads though. What it boils down to, is that there is a little something for everyone here. There's the challenging spots that'll send you off course if you're not careful, there's other spots in contrast that'll allow you to go 200mph+ and still maintain control (to the point where the car will get light in the front, then it's over) on smooth straight-away. There's also every bit in between. The poll proved extremely helpful, and as such the map was customized to suit the popular poll options while it was built.

Glad y'all are enjoying the map, I am taking a few days off of this editing. I'll be around, so questions, comments and such feel free to post them. Also open to anyone who can help out with diagnosing the stuck-at-99% errors like below. 2 people thus far have the issue, although most are fine.
    OK, I am somewhat at a loss as to why this isn't working. What's your PC's memory size, and are you running the x64 version of Beam? If it's not memory issues, it's mod conflict issues. This really, genuinely does use basically everything that Nevada Interstate does. I basically built it all from the same building blocks.

(as per stuck @ 99%)
    Again, both you and specht77 hit this error, I am not sure what's doing it. If anyone else has this error, let me know.
    Have you or specht77 tried Nevada Interstate, does that work? I also made that map, it uses the same type of material sources, too.
    This could very well be a game-bug. I wouldn't rule it out, being pre-release and all. I could have also buggered something up.

Okay, noted; they're decals, just laned concrete aprons that connect the bridge to the pavement a bit more uniformly. You can feel free to hit F11, go into the decal tool (not the decal ROAD tool, I think it's like a stamp icon on the menu bar, it's like the 4th or 5th one which would be F4 or F5). Go ahead a delete the four orange colored decals out. That's one of my newer textures, do not know why it's not working, it ended up not being used as it's not production ready, except that one spot. Then you can save map from the menu bar and go out with f11 key again. Should clean those orange things right out. This isn't happening for everyone, though. Will have to look into this! Atleast the Moonhawk doesn't have to lose it's wheels at that bridge :) It's an improvement, anyways.

14. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

i have that loading problem.
    some info on my system:
    8gb of ram, i5 4670k, r9 390, mods are on ssd, install is on hdd. Running 64 bit version of beamng. installed to both the /mods and documents/beamng.drive/levels. neither loaded.

15. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

bwahahaha awesome tip bro. Noted, and will be fixed momentarily. Thank-you kind sir!

16. coolman123456

coolman123456
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

i have same thing as narwhal2 just i3 i think
    --- Post updated ---
    OMG OMG.PNG

17. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Thank-you for attempting to try the map. I think this screen may have narrowed this down a bit. I might just be able to fix this.
    I will expedite a new version of this map coming out in the near future. Give me a few days - hopefully by the end of the weekend I can get this bug nicked. Anyone else having this issue, give me a shout and post a console log here. I'll fix this somehow. I think it's that datablock name of 0 error. Will check it out.

18. TripleAye

TripleAye
    Expand Collapse

SoCal Bug.PNG

19. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

Works fine on my system.

3770K and 380X 12 GB RAM.

20. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

I am waiting for the download to complete... If it is finished I will write a review (you may find 'some' mistakes in my review)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice