Soft body dynamics academic papers/journals

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Lsakurifaisu, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Lsakurifaisu

Lsakurifaisu
    Expand Collapse

Hi there,

I just want to preface this post with a little bit of information about myself to help explain this thread. I am currently in the last year of my degree studying to become a video games programmer and I currently looking to do my honours project based around soft body dynamics simulations, with my current focus on the collision between general bodies (soft and soft, soft and rigid, rigid and rigid, etc). I have currently found a useful tutorial that has helped me with my understanding of how soft body simulation works which I found on gamedev.stackexchange, here is a link: http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/6943/soft-body-where-to-start-learning (Its the first link in the first answer). I have also found an journal article titled "Soft impact dynamics of deformable bodies" http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2013CMT....25..375A which is a little out of my scope at the moment, but I was able to follow the basic principals of the paper and it helped narrow my project down some what.

So to the question at hand, I was wondering if anyone on here could recommend some bloggers, academic papers, academics, journals, tutorials,books, chapters of books to help me get the ball rolling on my project and to help me try to narrow the focus down. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated no matter what comprehension level the information you provide is at. However in honesty I am looking for information at the moment to help me get a solid foundation of understanding on the topic area and to discover some of the basic ways to simulate soft body dynamics so that I can fully comprehend papers such as the one linked above as although it is not out of my scope there are concepts within the paper that I have never heard of/used before and I feel I need to get a more solid understanding of these concepts before further study.

Again any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

2. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

I would contact tdev he and Gabester and the creators of BeamnNG. But no I don't know of any of places, sorry. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice